Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What antifungal worked for your scalp from headgear fungus?
What antifungal worked for your scalp from headgear fungus?
I developed a small fungus on my scalp from my headgear. I've tried a bunch of over the counter antifungals and none of them have worked to get rid of it.

Anyone experience this and found an antifungal that worked?

thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What antifungal worked for your scalp from headgear fungus?
Ketokonazole 1% is the active ingredient in Nizerol shampoo. Available at Walmart, Target and OTC most stores. Current best price appears to be Target.

https://nizoral.com/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Eat plenty of fresh garlic and you won't be troubled by yeast infections. It will also keep vampires at bay - bonus!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2021, 05:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ketokonazole 1% is the active ingredient in Nizerol shampoo.  Available at Walmart, Target and OTC most stores. Current best price appears to be Target.

It's not dandruff, it doesn't flake at all. It's a small fungus bump that won't go away.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2021, 05:50 PM)StevesSp Wrote: Eat plenty of fresh garlic and you won't be troubled by yeast infections. It will also keep vampires at bay - bonus!

I actually ate a tremendous amount of garlic for months and it didn't do anything.

Actually, the reviews on Amazon say that the Nizrol works on scalp fungus. I will give it a try. thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Ketoconazole 2% cream is available by prescription. It controls but does not eliminate fungus for me.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2021, 05:53 PM)GuitarInnovations Wrote: It's not dandruff, it doesn't flake at all. It's a small fungus bump that won't go away.

Ketokonazole is a powerful anti-fungal. The OTC is 1% but you can get a prescription from a dermatologist for 2%. Get ointment if you want, but Nizerol is effective on scalp fungal infection, not just dandruff.  If you need a spot treatment, just get a 2% cream. You can avoid Rx by buying on Ebay or some pet supply, or use the creme if you have some previously prescribed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider! And the other posters.

Itchy scalp....time to check this out.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2021, 04:39 PM)GuitarInnovations Wrote: I developed a small fungus on my scalp from my headgear. I've tried a bunch of over the counter antifungals and none of them have worked to get rid of it.

Anyone experience this and found an antifungal that worked?

thanks in advance

Great post.

Welcome to the forum!

I've wondered if headgear made my head itchy. I scratch my scalp a lot. Worth a try. Bought it....
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Might I suggest a visit to the dermatologist, it might not be a fungus and a little liquid nitrogen works wonders.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 605 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 440 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 353 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,009 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.