Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What are important differences between the vauto and the S9 VPAP
What are important differences between the vauto and the S9 VPAP
Would someone help me decide which to buy when I see what look like deals that are available on both out there. I want to try a used one to see if it helps with snores that are frequent, usually 3 to 6 per hour, and those are almost always accompanied by varying body motions (of unknown significance at this moment as I am still working on that problem). Vendor 2 is one of the best possibilities, of course, for either used unit. 

Are there major capability differences that are significant between the Resmed S9 VPAP and AirCurve vauto and within each of those model groups themselves--hardware and firmware updates and feature changes, etc., as in for example,  vsn 1, vsn 2, etc. for each of them? 

What are Medicare's eligibility requirements for coverage of a VPAP, given that my Autosense (plus collar and supinity blocker) has pretty well eliminated apneas (scoreable stuff), but still leaves Flow Limits and Snore high. I hope that I can get a new vauto through M/C when my 5-years are up--if not sooner--with my Autoset, but don't know if that is in the cards. A used vauto or S9 VPAP, for cash now, should take me to that time in September 2020.

I confess not yet taking time to look for what are probably dozens of posts detailing this or that or several features of each machine and the changes. I appeal the AB experts owning these machines who will be aware of the pros and cons of what they use and how they have been updated, etc.

Thanks for reading and considering the request.

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions shedu1337 7 176 Yesterday, 09:02 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 12 246 Yesterday, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 185 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 362,593 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,027 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 189 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.