Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What are realistic goals?
RE: What are realistic goals?
@staceyburke

Ok thank you, done. I will work with those settings tonight. Hoping the increase to 7 won’t spur centrals at all. 

I don’t think I had any on my original sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the opportunity to move to a Resmed presents itself, don't turn it down. It would almost certainly clean up the flow limits and hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't turn off the flex completely.  Your clear airways are not enough to worry over as long as they don't go up again. You need some Flex to help with the Hypopneas and flow limitation, although Flex can't do the job as well as if you were using EPR on a ResMed.

You really need to move the minimum pressure to 8 possibly 9cm to correspond with your median and 90% readings as the DreamStation is slower to respond. You need to give the machine a head start so to speak.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@OpalRose

Ok, thank you for the input. Do you think moving from a 6 to 8 pressure will drastically increase centrals?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think experience and results with CA will be very individual. We may not know exactly how your CA will react to pressure edits unless we try and see. If it goes badly, change back.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing to do is try. You never know what the result will be when dealing with CA's. Nothing is written in stone. Sometimes, you have to try different things to see what will work for you.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night saw some improvement. @OpalRose is right, pressure likely needs to be 8 or 9. Last night range was 7-12 w/ ramp turned off and flex at 1. Finally got below 3 with centrals staying at bay for now. Will try to move to 8 tonight and see how that works out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the CA's will settle down in time.  Keep moving the minimum pressure up slowly, sometimes even a .5cm increase will make a difference.  

Once you get your pressure up, maybe try Flex 2 again.  Or as some have stated, they got better results with CFlex.

Unfortunately, it takes more fiddling around with a Respironics machine when trying to lower Hypopneas, and FLow Limitations. You also have lots of RERAs.  The algorithm just doesn't react fast enough to tackle these events, as a ResMed Apap would have been a better machine for you.  But with that said, many folk use Respironics (including myself for 6 years) and my results were decent.

Side note: If you ever have an opportunity to buy a ResMed AirCurve VAuto, don't hesitate.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are very low AHI's realistic for everyone? Jimsp1 11 4,137 01-19-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Mr. Van Winkle
  [Treatment] Looks like I'm not meeting my goals justMongo 14 4,281 03-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Peter_C

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.