Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What are signs you need supplemental oxygen?
RE: What are signs you need supplemental oxygen?
I see that the OP has started a second new thread today with similar questions. I think it is time to say something. Some history and background is needed here.

Background: The OP is currently trying to use a machine that was not prescribed for him, at pressure(s) that also have not been prescribed for him, with masks that were not fitted to him. He reports that he has had a diagnostic sleep study and a titration study but that he is having difficulty obtaining the reports from his doctor. He does not yet have his own machine or his prescription.

History: In mid-April the OP came to the other forum starting multiple threads with the same questions that he is now asking here. The ensuing collective effort to respond and help him was largely unsuccessful and resulted for the most part in escalating levels of anxiety and confusion for this young man, and frustration for all who initially tried to help him. Some began to question the veracity of his story and this remains an unfinished discussion. Numerous redundant threads and literally hundreds of posts since mid-April on that forum hold the full history.

Two months into this ordeal, and with the OP continuing to cite problems getting his sleep study reports, a forum member made the arguably unwise decision to send one of her backup machines to him without full understanding of his health history and without knowledge of his diagnostic or titration results, or his ability to understand and operate the machine (an M Series APAP machine). Since he received this machine he has expressed even more anxiety, more discouragement and ongoing, unremitting confusion about sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment. And he continues to report inexplicable delays with getting his sleep study reports.

Having followed the OP's story since mid-April I can only say again what I said several months ago to others who got involved (and overinvolved) in this case: The best way to help this young man is to refrain from engaging in circular question-answer-question exchanges with him, and to redirect him -- as often as needed -- to communicating and working with his doctor and doctor's staff, and if necessary to get assistance from family or others in his life to advocate on his behalf with his healthcare providers.

Post Reply Post Reply
I deliberately stayed out of the discussion on the other forum because it so rapidly escalated to a point of nonsense and name calling. I want to stay out of it here as well, but just wanted to thank Kaiasgram for her thoughtful and insightful post up above, I belive in the nicest way possible she has hit the nail on the head -- the scope of the OP's issues are beyound any internet forum, this individual needs the assistance of qualified medical experts, namely the Doctor he has already engaged in this matter.

Thank you Kaiasgram
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2015, 05:25 PM)kaiasgram Wrote: I see that the OP has started a second new thread today with similar questions. I think it is time to say something. Some history and background is needed here.

Background: The OP is currently trying to use a machine that was not prescribed for him, at pressure(s) that also have not been prescribed for him, with masks that were not fitted to him. He reports that he has had a diagnostic sleep study and a titration study but that he is having difficulty obtaining the reports from his doctor. He does not yet have his own machine or his prescription.

History: In mid-April the OP came to the other forum starting multiple threads with the same questions that he is now asking here. The ensuing collective effort to respond and help him was largely unsuccessful and resulted for the most part in escalating levels of anxiety and confusion for this young man, and frustration for all who initially tried to help him. Some began to question the veracity of his story and this remains an unfinished discussion. Numerous redundant threads and literally hundreds of posts since mid-April on that forum hold the full history.

Two months into this ordeal, and with the OP continuing to cite problems getting his sleep study reports, a forum member made the arguably unwise decision to send one of her backup machines to him without full understanding of his health history and without knowledge of his diagnostic or titration results, or his ability to understand and operate the machine (an M Series APAP machine). Since he received this machine he has expressed even more anxiety, more discouragement and ongoing, unremitting confusion about sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment. And he continues to report inexplicable delays with getting his sleep study reports.

Having followed the OP's story since mid-April I can only say again what I said several months ago to others who got involved (and overinvolved) in this case: The best way to help this young man is to refrain from engaging in circular question-answer-question exchanges with him, and to redirect him -- as often as needed -- to communicating and working with his doctor and doctor's staff, and if necessary to get assistance from family or others in his life to advocate on his behalf with his healthcare providers.

I also saw these conversations on the other forum, and while I have great empathy for Enhander, I agree completely that the solution is to continue to refer him back to his doctor. He is using a donated machine, mask and prescription. The answer to his quest for a solution is much more complex than it appears, and cannot come from social media. My personal prayers and best wishes go with Enhander, but his answers probably will not come from a forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2015, 05:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 05:25 PM)kaiasgram Wrote: I see that the OP has started a second new thread today with similar questions. I think it is time to say something. Some history and background is needed here.

I also saw these conversations on the other forum, and while I have great empathy for Enhander, I agree completely that the solution is to continue to refer him back to his doctor. He is using a donated machine, mask and prescription. The answer to his quest for a solution is much more complex than it appears, and cannot come from social media. My personal prayers and best wishes go with Enhander, but his answers probably will not come from a forum.

Totally agree with Kaiasgram and Sleeprider and encourage Enhander to seek local expert help with these complex issues...

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
I think we all agree than Enhander needs to seek out a qualified doctor that will help him.
He obviously has other health issues that may or may not be related to sleep apnea.

Enhander, I believe you are sincere and are looking for help, but we are not doctors. You are using a donated CPAP and mask that isn't working for you. You have had headaches for months now. Call your doctor and make an appointment to discuss your titration results, and get a script for a CPAP and mask.
Good luck!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, double post. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2015, 05:36 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I think we all agree than Enhander needs to seek out a qualified doctor that will help him.
He obviously has other health issues that may or may not be related to sleep apnea.

Enhander, I believe you are sincere and are looking for help, but we are not doctors. You are using a donated CPAP and mask that isn't working for you. You have had headaches for months now. Call your doctor and make an appointment to discuss your titration results, and get a script for a CPAP and mask.
Good luck!

Totally agree with this advice and the other posts that expressed the same theme.

Post Reply Post Reply
Adding encouragement to continue to work with his physician.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2015, 06:02 PM)storywizard Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 05:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

Totally agree with Kaiasgram and Sleeprider and encourage Enhander to seek local expert help with these complex issues...

Storywizard

With much compassion, I agree with everything said.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 801 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 999 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 396 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 591 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,147 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 448 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.