Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What are the most important aspects to look for when purchasing RESMED Aircurve 10 S
Question 
What are the most important aspects to look for when purchasing RESMED Aircurve 10 S
Hey all, 

So in another thread, I discussed about my situation with my doctor and how a regular CPAP wasn't cutting it for me. Here is the link to that thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...p-Analysis

So I was wondering if someone could help me find an ASV, what to look for especially in terms of what is included. I did find a deal here, but I was wondering what everyone felt about it. 

[Commercial Link Removed]Search dotmed for, 3207001

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What are the most important aspects to look for when purchasing RESMED Aircurve 10 S
5000 is about 1/2 years use.  Many places like second wind #2 on the suppliers list has them with less than 2000 hours for sale and with a 6 month warranty.  they cost 1600. So this seems to be a very good deal.  A new water tank is about $20 on amazon - same tank as all s10 models.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What are the most important aspects to look for when purchasing RESMED Aircurve 10 S
It still would be good to keep posts in the same thread as these are related. Regardless, I have the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, and it does great. If I remember correctly, I suggested that machine model in the other thread to combat the CA. If the one you commented on is the same model, it should do very well. A second option for buying is at Supplier #2. They sell new and lightly used machines at good prices with good customer service.

As for what is needed: the ASV machine, the 2-piece power cord with brick, a hose, mask, and humidifier tub, and a 2-32GB standard or SDHC SD card to upload data to OSCAR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay thank you I am going to purchase this, is there an issue if there is over 3000 hours of use on it?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's fairly used, and isn't lightly used. 15-20K hours indicate the lifespan of most machines when they give up. Typical that is. So 3K is about 1 year's use at 8.2 hours of 365 days. Numbers rounded a bit. So this means you probably get 4 years. This means that you get 4 years to document to Dr. Dolittle that this machine is capable of fill in the blanks via what OSCAR data shows on therapy. Then you have a good shot at getting doc and insurance on-board and for insurance to pay up next time. Assuming the price reflects the usage, it is more positive to get than not.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much, I found one that has only 150 hours on it, I will purchase that one. Do you happen to know where I can find out how many hours it has run on the machine?

Next time I will post in the thread I started originally.
Post Reply Post Reply
Run Hours: scroll all the way down with Dial to get to About. Click into About and find Run Hours. It will be in whole hours.

PS: to be certain find Run Hours and not Use Hours. Like a car odometer, total hours is Run Hours. And trip odometer is use hours. Note that either could have been reset, yes including Run Hours, reset at a repair shop that changes the blower can legally reset Run Hours indicating how much use on the blower installed currently. Even so, find Run Hours and be reasonably confident it's correct. If it looks lightly used and says so then it's probably right. Again like a car. One that looks rough yet says 10,109 miles sounds off because it likely is. A PAP that says 109 hours but looks like it's been used a lot longer, maybe walk away. Just sample numbers BTW.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 557 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,091 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,494 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,234 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.