Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)?
What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)?
I have seen MADs being mentioned frequently as alternatives for mask treatment (even by Dr Christian Guillert, the guy who coined the term OSA). Upon further research I stumped upon DNAs. To those who don't know what they are, here are a few links:

https://www.kellyerice.com/vivos-dna-mrna-system/
https://oralsystemiclink.net/patients/pr...our-airway

DNAs (Daytime Nighttime Appliance) are like braces that reshape your jaw, increasing the space in your throat which allows for proper airflow that may help (or even cure) your sleep apnea. They also claim to have cosmetic benefits like by making your face protrude forward more (which is a factor in facial aesthetics).

The field is called Epigenetic Orthodontics. Did anyone ever hear of DNAs or Epigenetic Orthodontics? Their claim of curing sleep apnea while making you more attractive in the process sounds too good to be true. On the other hand, I have stopped counting on my doctors to be well informed on the best therapies for me. So what do you say?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hoping for thoughts & advice Garfield 25 459 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  Any thoughts on problem with gap between teeth since using CPAP for a few years? green wings 17 314 Yesterday, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  daytime oxygen levels, altitude and sleepiness bemused 12 519 06-29-2020, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bemused
  Persistant slog feeling with "great" treatment. Thoughts please. IUsedToSnore 5 323 06-20-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  Thoughts on my OSCAR data? Universeonwheels 7 246 05-04-2020, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Universeonwheels
Cool [Pressure] Finally have OSCAR, thoughts on results? weiss27md 29 898 05-04-2020, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  AHI is all over the place. Any thoughts? robmooee 10 861 04-16-2020, 05:06 PM
Last Post: robmooee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.