Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
RE: What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
Change the minimum pressure to 8.0 and watch the magic.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, we got to get you into therapy pressures, which isn't 4.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
new data from yesterdays sleep. also had upset stomach and diarrhea when I woke up, tons of gas. Happened before with previous cpap as well.

of note: I've been taking adderall to keep me awake the past few days, cause I get tired so fast and would like to spend more than 4 hours awake each day. I'm planning to stop when I get my bilevel, do you guys think I should stop right now?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If it were prescribed by your doctor, I'd get advisement there first about when to stop usage.

On the OSCAR data, your OA are just under medically treated at 4.5, with all the events together being 7.3. The numbers indicate Minimum pressure will likely need to go up. I think this is a Respironics shortcoming showing itself. These Respironics are slower to respond to events, needing the pressure to be close to what's required for decent therapy. And this also tends to sacrifice user comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If only you were using the Resmed Autoset, we would have more options to provide lower pressure and better therapy. With Philips, our options are limited. Since this was clearly uncomfortable, revert to a lower minimum pressure of 7 and see if we can reduce aerophagia. Your results clearly call for higher pressure, but we go for comfort over numbers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
New data from yesterday. No aerophagia but woke up with tons of night sweat. Still tired, fatigue, lack of concentration/attention.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
We have taken your pressure lower to treat aerophagia, but obstructive events and flow restriction have replaced that. If we could use bilevel pressure (EPR) we'd have a better shot at getting comfort and aerophagia under control. The limitation here is the Philips CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Insurance company and DME are taking a long time getting the documents ready. Hopefully I'll have the ResMed before Friday, honestly can't wait. But I was just wondering, how often is it that bilevel treatment isn't satisfactory for UARS and the user needs to switch to an ASV (to my knowledge ASV is like the most advanced a machine can get) in your experience on this forum? I was listening to a lecture on youtube about this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syv7YcHb...=emb_title around the 30-40 minute mark) and Dr. Krakow mentions that some people saw much more improvement on ASV.

I was also wondering if there was a success thread for bilevels specifically, and the quantitative improvements (like how many hours of sleep needed before and after treatment, time it takes to fall asleep, etc.)?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's a pretty slim chance you'll be able to justify an ASV unless CA are up. Then you can point to proper reasoning for justifying the ASV, because the ASV is to fight CA. If you had some other issue like your concern for UARS and wanting to justify an ASV, you'd need to be armed for a nuclear war. I am not saying it cannot be done, but you'd best be an A+++ student at symptom and complaint telling to convince doc and then the insurance it is needed.

On the delayed paperwork, have you called to light a fire under the stalled progress? If not, do it. While you're on the phone be certain that the ResMed machine you think you're getting is the one you are in fact getting. DMEs are sometimes slimy car salesmen and switcheroo machines. You think you're getting ResMed but don't rest until you know that is true. Do not sign unless it is the machine YOU want. And never give the DME your bank account, credit or debit card, numbers. They do not need it to process. If they insist, refuse. If they state they cannot process, ask them to change their mind before you open a customer account with a different DME. If they continue to balk you walk.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah You have to be aggressive with these DME’s, like I may have said before I got into a 4K car accident waiting on my DME to get me my original machine, my parents said screwed this we are not going to let you drive again without a machine and just bought my machine out of pocket from one of the suppliers who are well liked in the community... I got the machine the next morning. In my case I honestly think it was negligence because I did not have any Xpap device and my AHI was astronomical for them to have me wait three weeks and keep requesting new paperwork was crazy. I infected called that DME expedited/higher complaints and service office and asked to speak to someone higher up just to get a voicemail and no response.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 64 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 337 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 530 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 173 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question What O2 measurement device do you recommend? hejohoo 4 614 08-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,332 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Need help: stinky air from CPAP after hospital stay SakimaStorm 4 588 01-26-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.