Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
RE: What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
I don't think you're criticizing. I'm honestly very thankful you guys tend to my questions. I'll keep the updates on my main thread from now on. Again, Thank you so so so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ventmed Dreamsleep S/T AVAP. It's a chinese brand,

for the price of an aircurve 10 vauto (or even less!) you get the features of the aircuve 10 ST-A model.
Only recommend to those who are paying out of pocket.

Just sharing! since I have success with it! max iPAP is 30cmh20 min EPAP is 4 chmh20

I just googled its only 450-550 online WOW. My local seller in davao,philippines sells it for 1000$ it's a big markup but I don't care I'm happy with this device!
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately another subpar night. Took over 7 hours to fall asleep so I kept taking it off and by the time I fell asleep I must not have had it on Sad. Here's a few hours of it though, when I woke up and put it on. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to get more hours.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Another night. No side effects like night sweats or aerophagia. Would you guys recommend any changes in settings?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How are you handing the pressure? You could try to raise the min and max a bit to see if you get better numbers but your numbers look good.
Post Reply Post Reply
With data like this, no I can't think of any change to recommend. Are you feeling any better for the therapy or not noticing it yet? Either way, not feeling better is pretty normal for the short time on a PAP days, week, etc. More time needs to be invested. Granted, some do feel the positive effects right away, but I certainly was not one. The point overall is, with the numbers being pretty good, do not change it unless there is reason to do so. Keep at it, because those who quit neither win nor gain the benefits.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure is fine. I find that I can withstand high pressures, its just that with the previous DreamStation on higher pressures I got aerophagia. 
Should I be aiming to get the AHI down to 0 or close to that, or is that something that will go down gradually when you're on the right pressure? I'll definitely put more time into this though. Haven't been feeling the effects of the therapy yet but it's only been 3 days or so and sleep hours haven't been particularly great anyways due to insomnia.
Post Reply Post Reply
The majority of your AHI is CA’s to try and reduce those you could try setting the trigger to high or very high and see if they reduce
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, just wondering, how long did it take you to see substantial improvements? I see small improvements already and I realize everyone's different but would like to know others' experiences.
Post Reply Post Reply
Me it took about 1 month of self titration then things began to improve on the ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 114 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question What O2 measurement device do you recommend? hejohoo 4 597 08-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,263 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Need help: stinky air from CPAP after hospital stay SakimaStorm 4 576 01-26-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  [CPAP] Should I stay or should I go? Moseby 6 834 10-19-2022, 07:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.