Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
RE: What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
Also I agree with sarcastic, ASV is only needed in special situations such as central/mixed apneas and also with some advanced breathing/neuromuscular disorders. Not to mention ASV are said to have higher risks of side effects.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, my ResMed just came in. The settings rn are at 6/16 for min max pressure. 4 PS, Ti Max 2.0s, Ti Min 0.3s, Trigger and Cycle: Med, Start EPAP: 4. Not sure what most of these are. They told me this is what the doctor had me starting at. Should I change the settings at all?
Post Reply Post Reply
This must be a VAuto. However you want to run it, be sure an unlocked SD card is in it so you can import data to OSCAR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
is this a new or used machine? If used perform a factory reset prior to entering your settings just to make sure all settings are in default position.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked, run hours are at 0. and it does have an SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Set
Mode = VAuto
Min EPAP = 4
Max IPAP = 16
PS = 4

Everything else should be default
Use than post OSCAR charts and we can adjust
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do, thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine! Let us know how those settings work for you and upload the data from your first night!
Post Reply Post Reply
Night 1 of VAUTO. Not a great night, took a long time to fall asleep and so I took it off a few times. I'm not sure if it was intended but it only went from 4 to 8 for pressure, even though max was 16 for IPAP.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Johnny!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 115 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question What O2 measurement device do you recommend? hejohoo 4 597 08-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,263 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Need help: stinky air from CPAP after hospital stay SakimaStorm 4 577 01-26-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  [CPAP] Should I stay or should I go? Moseby 6 834 10-19-2022, 07:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.