Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
RE: What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
You have mostly CA on this chart. I think you'll need more pressure than 4, most adults start at 6. Consider these edits, go to 6 Min EPAP and maybe take your PS to 3. Your total pressure was about 12.5, this is normal activity as the machine has the range to go to whatever your top is, 16 or so. The machine doesn't just jump from min to max pressures, it ranges between these upper and lower thresholds to give you great therapy when things crop up.

Again a recap, consider pressure edits of EPAP Min up to 6, PS down to 3, and turn off Ramp. It is a pressure variable and handcuffs therapy, which you don't want as a complication. To a degree, we need your pressure swings to be minimal due to high CA flags. If the gurus step in and suggest something, do theirs over my suggestions as I never used the VAuto, but some principle usage does apply regardless. And for CA, pressure swings need to be minimized or pulled in a bit on your PAP.

Otherwise it looks on the right track.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think my original suggestion would have been EPAP min 6.0. Let’s set PS at 3.0 and see if that helps.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Set it to 6 EPAP and 3 PS. What does PS do exactly?
Post Reply Post Reply
PS is pressure support and is the difference between EPAP/exhale and IPAP/inhale.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Basically with EPAP min 6.0 and PS 3.0, your starting pressure is 9.0/6.0 (inhale/exhale), and the maximum potential pressure with your current settings is 16.0/13.0 which you will never see. What we're trying to do is reduce pressure support to reduce CA, and increase the minimum EPAP pressure to resolve any residual obstructive events and reduce the variation of pressure, which should help make your sleep less disrupted and feel more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello idk if someone read my other post, but can you get a substantial tidal volume with the S mode on the resmed aircurve10 vauto? I need something that can do the breathing for me 80-90% of the work. Or do I simply need a ventilator?
Post Reply Post Reply
To give you the best chance of getting answers, and to keep your info contained in one place, I'd suggest you repost into a thread of your own. However, if you need a machine to act to breathe for you, then it's a ventilator you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jomsart, please post this in your original thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...or-a-bipap S-mode is not capable of maintaining your respiratory rate or volume without spontaneous effort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize for cluttering your board, I'll keep this in mind next time.

I'll update my main post once I rent a bipap/vent if my sleep doctor allows it.  Thanks

I apologize again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jomsart, we want to help, but keeping these questions in your thread helps all of us keep track of the history, and your specific needs. Please don't think we are criticizing. You have very specific needs that will require a pressure support of 8 to 12 cm and a backup rate or other higher algorithm to meet those needs. Let's continue this discussion in your thread. I guess in answer to your question above, we have read, and are aware of your other thread. We need to discuss strategies to deal with your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 8 122 18 minutes ago
Last Post: DKane
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question What O2 measurement device do you recommend? hejohoo 4 598 08-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,265 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Need help: stinky air from CPAP after hospital stay SakimaStorm 4 577 01-26-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  [CPAP] Should I stay or should I go? Moseby 6 834 10-19-2022, 07:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.