Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
RE: What biPAPs do you use or recommend? Any models to stay away from?
Algebraic, time to update your profile to show the machine you use. It's in the User CP h ttp://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I had a question - my dad also suspects he has sleep apnea. He'd like to try using my machine for some time as well. I was wondering; if he used it for an extended period of time, say for 2 months, then had a sleep study done after that period, would the usage of the machine alter the data? Are the effects of the machine only present when using it, or would it affect sleep without the usage of the machine as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have apnea it does not go away on its own. Cpap therapy will not change the apnea only suppress it while using Cpap. If during that time he lost significant weight it could change it but not using the machine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is yours and yours alone. You need it, don't loan it out. If you have a second machine to loan to dad for him to evaluate CPAP, then he can feel the difference it makes for his sleep and perhaps the data can be interpreted to support improving therapy. Your dad should get a diagnostic sleep test at home or a clinic, and an appropriate decision made concerning dispensing a CPAP. You can help him to make good decisions. I have loaned friends an extra CPAP and usually been disappointed they did not use it or experience the same benefits I did. The knowledge that you actually have a condition that should be treated is motivating and important to the process. You can help your dad by letting him know what a difference it makes for you. It may also help if you are aware of snoring or other indicators of apnea such as fatigue, that those problems that affect your dad and others can be easily resolved.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it. Thanks for the info
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason my resmed only displays data from 12 PM onwards on OSCAR. These days I find myself sleeping till pretty late so usually I still have a few hours after 12 pm but ideally I'd like to see the data from the whole night of sleep, especially since later on as my sleep gets better I figure that I'll have less data from 12 pm onwards. I tried setting the time on my machine to a few hours later so that it would display more data but this didn't work, it must be connected to online or something. Furthermore it says "Date and Time cannot be set in the past" so I'm not sure if I can undo this. Do you guys know how to fix this?

Additionally, do you guys have any tips for mask fixing? I'm using nasal pillows and seem to either be putting them on too tightly or too loosely; today I had no leaks but the area around my nose is kinda red and painful. The previous day I had them too loosely and saw large leaks.

Edit: looks like I'll just have to do that "resetting it back to 'noon' 0:00 on the machine" thing for a few days
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes a larger pillow size allows a good fit with less strap pressure. What brand/model mask are you using?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
PR Respironics Dreamwear Under the nose nasal cushion, Medium

So I was wondering - what time did you set your resmeds to, since it doesn't seem to collect data until after noon or whatever? Most of you as therapy got successful probably didn't sleep too much after noon
Post Reply Post Reply
Some have desired to change their clock 12 hours off the correct time to have PAP clock show "noon" but in real time is midnight. This may keep OSCAR therapy on one report for some. You can change the clock forward easier than backwards, as you cannot go back before noon current day.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2020, 06:47 PM)AlgebraicMisery Wrote: For some reason my resmed only displays data from 12 PM onwards on OSCAR. These days I find myself sleeping till pretty late so usually I still have a few hours after 12 pm but ideally I'd like to see the data from the whole night of sleep, especially since later on as my sleep gets better I figure that I'll have less data from 12 pm onwards. I tried setting the time on my machine to a few hours later so that it would display more data but this didn't work, it must be connected to online or something. Furthermore it says "Date and Time cannot be
set in the past" so I'm not sure if I can undo this. Do you guys know how to fix this?
. . .
Hi Algebraic,
On planed Resmed, the "day" starts and ends at Noon.  So if you sleep past Noon, the time after Noon belongs to the next Resmed "day".  If you want to offset the machine's time by a few hours to accommodate this, you can, but setting the clock back is a little tricky.  It seems that insertion or demoval of the SD card or powering down the machine all count as "events" to Resmed, that it records to some internal log.  It refuses to allow the time to be set back before any logged event.  So you have to leave the machine sitting powered on and idle for a while, and then you can set the clock back to any time during the idle period.

Hope this helps.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 166 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 499 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 139 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question What O2 measurement device do you recommend? hejohoo 4 601 08-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,272 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Need help: stinky air from CPAP after hospital stay SakimaStorm 4 578 01-26-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  [CPAP] Should I stay or should I go? Moseby 6 838 10-19-2022, 07:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.