Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What bipap software work with WIN 8?
RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8?
ResScan is Resmed software only works with Resmed machines
does not work with Respronncis machines

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2013, 07:03 PM)scopemech Wrote:
(01-10-2013, 04:46 PM)DeepBreath Wrote: I'm running ResScan 4.2 on Windows 8 Pro 64 with no issues.

Thank you, I downloaded rescan 4.2 and it installed flawlessly on Windows 8 Pro.

You're very welcome! I also just installed SleepyHead v 0.9.1 and it seems to work fine as well. The upgrade to v 0.9.2 errors out, but your mileage may vary.

Quick note on Windows 8... if you miss the classic start menu Start8 from Startdock works very well and is pretty inexpensive. I have not affiliation with them, just had to come up with something for my wife.

Post Reply Post Reply
As others have pointed out, ResScan won't work with a REMstar or a BiPAP. Those machines are made by Respironics wheras ResScan is software made by ResMed for ResMed machines.

Also, as far as I can tell there's no such thing as a REMstar BiPAP, and that's what the OP (scopemech) has listed in his profile. REMstar is the Respironics line of CPAP machines and BiPAP is the Respironics line of bilevel machines.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 12:47 PM)Sleepster Wrote: As others have pointed out, ResScan won't work with a REMstar or a BiPAP. Those machines are made by Respironics wheras ResScan is software made by ResMed for ResMed machines.

Also, as far as I can tell there's no such thing as a REMstar BiPAP, and that's what the OP (scopemech) has listed in his profile. REMstar is the Respironics line of CPAP machines and BiPAP is the Respironics line of bilevel machines.

Sleepster, you are correct regarding REM star not being a BiPAP. My old machine was a CPAP REM star. My error when I created my profile.
My original post question was what software will work with Windows 8. Some responses suggested ResScan so I installed it. You are correct that ResScan will not work with Respironics. However in respect to my original post I chose to report that the latest ResScan software does load and run on Windows 8

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 01:16 PM)scopemech Wrote:
(01-12-2013, 12:47 PM)Sleepster Wrote: As others have pointed out, ResScan won't work with a REMstar or a BiPAP. Those machines are made by Respironics wheras ResScan is software made by ResMed for ResMed machines.

Sleepster, you are correct regarding REM star not being a BiPAP. My old machine was a CPAP REM star. My error when I created my profile.
My original post question was what software will work with Windows 8. Some responses suggested ResScan so I installed it. You are correct that ResScan will not work with Respironics. However in respect to my original post I chose to report that the latest ResScan software does load and run on Windows 8

I hope my response was appropriate, I'm a new member too and it's hard to figure out the tone of responses on these forums at times. Maybe folks just need better sleep Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
By keeping the profile information correct, we can better help you and help you faster. Else you get bad/incorrect info which wastes your time and ours.

And yeah, sometimes, we need more sleep. Just like most humans. That's going on the assumption all of us here are Human. Sometimes I wonder about the Aussies.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 04:10 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Sometimes I wonder about the Aussies.
Kangaroos have big back legs with long feet.
They move by hopping on their back legs.
They eat grass.
Some kinds of kangaroo live in hot, dry places.
Some kinds live in grasslands.
[Image: kangaroo_S.gif]

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 04:42 PM)zonk Wrote: [Image: kangaroo_S.gif]

I doesn't matter where they live, what matters is the taste, and it's delicious! Too-funny

Yummy roo's...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2013, 02:59 PM)cbramsey Wrote: Welcome to the forum. We are glad you joined us. Welcome

I guess I have another reason NOT to upgrade to Win8. Too-funny

Okay then it would have to be a bootleg version of Win8 so we're not out any money. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 02:52 PM)DeepBreath Wrote: I hope my response was appropriate, I'm a new member too and it's hard to figure out the tone of responses on these forums at times. Maybe folks just need better sleep Wink

Just remember, if you're responding to someone who has an Admin, Moderator, Monitor or Master Member badge under the username, you must remember that all the folks in those groups are completely and hopelessly insane. Keep that in mind and you'll do well here. Bigwink Too-funny

Just kiddin'... (well, sort of, anyway). Grin

Welcome to Apnea Board DeepBreath... Wave
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 105 5 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 627 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,124 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.