Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What bipap software work with WIN 8?
RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8?
(01-12-2013, 09:47 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Just remember, if you're responding to someone who has an Admin, Moderator, Monitor or Master Member badge under the username, you must remember that all the folks in those groups are completely and hopelessly insane.

Hey! We resemble that remark!!! Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
The voices in my head taunt the voices in yours.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 11:13 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The voices in my head taunt the voices in yours.

So that's what that was!

.... and here I thought my psychotropic drugs were having some sort of bad interaction again...

Loco
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Something to keep in mind, as well. We strive on this board to promote empowerment as well as assist with problems, questions, and whatever else related to sleep apnea. Sometimes, we get mad not at the members, but at the idiocy around them from the suppliers and doctors. Sometimes, that anger just piles up until one of us explodes. It's messy, yes, but then we get right back to it. We wander off topic (hopping kangaroos? LOL). We tease and poke as a way to keep that anger from growing again.

Just like any online group, you can't look at just one response or even one thread as the way this forum runs on all the other threads and responses. I've been on other CPAP forums and this one is by far the most relaxed and fun yet it is also the most empowering and serious about taking control over your own health.

But, well, we are rather insane at times.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2013, 10:40 PM)DeepBreath Wrote: The upgrade to v 0.9.2 errors out, but your mileage may vary.

Close SleepyHead
Right click on the icon and select "run as Administrator"
The update should succeed.

After that, you don't need to run as administrator any more.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 11:27 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Something to keep in mind, as well. We strive on this board to promote empowerment as well as assist with problems, questions, and whatever else related to sleep apnea. Sometimes, we get mad not at the members, but at the idiocy around them from the suppliers and doctors. Sometimes, that anger just piles up until one of us explodes. It's messy, yes, but then we get right back to it. We wander off topic (hopping kangaroos? LOL). We tease and poke as a way to keep that anger from growing again.

Just like any online group, you can't look at just one response or even one thread as the way this forum runs on all the other threads and responses. I've been on other CPAP forums and this one is by far the most relaxed and fun yet it is also the most empowering and serious about taking control over your own health.

But, well, we are rather insane at times.

I also have been on other forums, and agree that the ApneaBoard definitely has a better collective attitude. I'm still bewildered why the CPAP community at large is overall grumpy. I'm not saying that to be mean or confrontational, but from someone just diagnosed and scouring the internet it seems to be universally true.

Anyway...I certainly wasn't trying to call anyone out, but I'm also one that calls it like I see it. I appreciate the responses and explanations, we are all good... I can assure you it takes much more to hurt my feelings Wink

(01-13-2013, 04:59 AM)archangle Wrote:
(01-11-2013, 10:40 PM)DeepBreath Wrote: The upgrade to v 0.9.2 errors out, but your mileage may vary.

Close SleepyHead
Right click on the icon and select "run as Administrator"
The update should succeed.

After that, you don't need to run as administrator any more.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Someone asked a question here the other day and I googled for an answer. I found he had asked the question on another forum, too. The first response he got was a statement saying they couldn't help him because they cannot assist in users "self medicating". They quoted the rules and while it said they want to promote and educate, they couldn't allow what they saw as "self medicating".

People, it's an expensive leaf blower, not insulin or morphine. Insulin dependent diabetics self medicate several times a day and survive just fine. Why? They are educated and encouraged to fully understand their condition. Us? Ha.

Okay, rolling off my soap box.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
(01-10-2013, 12:21 AM)scopemech Wrote: What bipap software will work with Windows 8?

Thank You

Windows 8 CPAP software?????
Wow!!! What a great question, and you’re a newbie!
Over the last few days, and with a lot of help, I have installed three programs that did run on my Windows 8 Pro 64-bit I7 processor.
Sleepyhead---- ran data card from Respironics 750 P
ResScan---- program runs I did not test with a data card.
Encore Viewer----ran data card from Respironics 750 P (requires extra steps and equipment to install)
Note: Encore 2.0 installation required a XP computer, memory stick and original Encore Viewer disk. I followed instructions from a published article found by Googling ”How to make Encore Viewer 2.0 work in 64-bit systems”
once installed in Encore Viewer launches from a shortcut icon
I am happy now I think I’ll take a nap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Details Details The software versions that I ran on Windows 8 pro

Sleepyhead V0.9.1 Thank You Mark
ResScan 4.2
Encore Viewer 2.0.23.0 Please see note in previous post
Again thank's for all support
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad the folks here could help you. Feel free to stick around!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 102 3 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 626 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,124 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.