Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S 10 shuttting off on its own
ResMed S 10 shuttting off on its own
On two separate occasions, (about 10 days apart), my S 10 shut off in the middle of the night on its own.  Anyone else have such an experience or an idea as to why this happened?

Thanks,
Joel
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S 10 shuttting off on its own
I am still very much a newbie, and you may have had far greater experience, but I had a similar experience with the same machine in my early cpap days.  

To make a long story short, I put a box over my machine for a few nights to test if I was the problem. Turns out I was shutting the darn thing off in my sleep. Still feel silly about that  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey don't sweat it we all make silly mistakes. I give you credit for going public with yours.  Shows great strength of character.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can think of three possibilities:

a. You turned it off yourself unknowingly (happens somewhat more often than many might guess); or

b. Your power supply is faulty; or 

c. Your power cord is making intermittent or poor contact in its receptacle, maybe when you tug on the hose in semi-consciousness and move the machine..? I have been warned twice in the past year, by my machine's display, to fully insert the plug into the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
SmartStart could also be shutting down the machine if you take your mask off
Post Reply Post Reply
all possible   thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Or you could be disconnecting the hose for a bathroom break, the machine turning off by smart stop or manually and then failing to reconnect and/or restart when you get back in bed.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn SmartStart on, if you haven’t already, and the machine will start back up after a few breaths if you turn it off during the night.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks Stan

thanks Mitch
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.