Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What can I use instead of headgear? Or fix?
What can I use instead of headgear? Or fix?
Hi

I end up having to buy a new p30i /n30i headgear every couple of months, when the velcro stops sticking. 

Anyone have an idea how to fix it, or what to use instead of the headgear? Seems ridiculous to pay up to 30 bucks every time. 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What can I use instead of headgear? Or fix?
Search amazon for -link removed

Headgear with Arms for DreamWear Nasal & Pillow Masks

I have used mine for over a year.  About 18$.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed. Search Amazon for Philips Respironics

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy bulk packages of plastic slip-lock buckles, also known as ladder-back webbing buckle or plastic tri-glide slide.  I believe you need 1/2" wide. These are the simplest strap adjusters and will lie flat and securely hold any strap in place.  They are available online and in hardware and sporting goods stores. You are in Isreal so my references to Amazon or Ebay are not going to do much good.  Just search  12 mm plastic slip-lock buckles or tri-glide. These are often sold in bulk packs very inexpensively.

[Image: Z1FADwfo5oy.JPG]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2021, 10:39 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Search amazon for -Link Removed. Search Amazon for Philips Respironics

Headgear with Arms for DreamWear Nasal & Pillow Masks

I have used mine for over a year.  About 18$.

Are you using it with the p30i mask? On Amazon someone wrote that it's not suitable.
Post Reply Post Reply
It works on dreamwear, P30i, n30, P30i and n30i.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I just did an Amazon search using "p30i headgear" and found a Resmed AirFit headgear strap for $11.56.  That's WAY cheaper.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Buy some Velcro and gorilla glue(poly glue of some sort). Short rough side piece on the end of the strap.  Longer piece of the smoother side on the strap for the adjustment area.  Best wishes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still using the same headgear that came with my AirFit F20 FFM when my machine was presented to me back in early Sept. of 2018. 

All I do is wash it every now & then. The straps are doing fine and I rarely ever need to adjust them.  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2021, 06:25 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm still using the same headgear that came with my AirFit F20 FFM when my machine was presented to me back in early Sept. of 2018. 

All I do is wash it every now & then. The straps are doing fine and I rarely ever need to adjust them.  Thinking-about

I remove the straps every morning to wash the frame and nasal cushions. So they get opened and closed every day. Maybe I should leave them on the frame and wash them every day as well so the velcro keeps sticking....
Post Reply Post Reply
No........do not remove the straps in order to wash the mask and cushion. That's undue wear & tear on the straps. Wash the whole thing as one. I've been doing this since the 1st time I washed my headgear, mask and cushion. 

I can pretty much guarantee that if you do the above, you'll see a much longer service life from your headgear.  Big Grin

One other note: I don't wash my headgear each & every day. I use a Clorox wet wipe on the mask and cushion about once a week or so. When I do wash the headgear (straps), that occurs about twice a month, and when that happens, as I mentioned above, it gets washed as a complete unit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 354 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,010 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.