Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What can I use instead of headgear? Or fix?
RE: What can I use instead of headgear? Or fix?
(04-05-2021, 11:19 AM)Big Guy Wrote: No........do not remove the straps in order to wash the mask and cushion. That's undue wear & tear on the straps. Wash the whole thing as one. I've been doing this since the 1st time I washed my headgear, mask and cushion. 

I can pretty much guarantee that if you do the above, you'll see a much longer service life from your headgear.  Big Grin

One other note: I don't wash my headgear each & every day. I use a Clorox wet wipe on the mask and cushion about once a week or so. When I do wash the headgear (straps), that occurs about twice a month, and when that happens, as I mentioned above, it gets washed as a complete unit.

Thanks for the advice. I now see why I've needed to replace the blue headgear every few months. But when you say you wash the whole thing twice a month - is that enough for the P30i frame?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not familiar with the P30i. 

The F20 and F30 are both very simple masks and cushions to keep clean. The P30i may be more complex.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha. I think my P30i frame needs more frequent cleaning.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I can see yours is much different than mine. Can you leave the straps on while you wash it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2021, 11:55 AM)Big Guy Wrote: Yes, I can see yours is much different than mine. Can you leave the straps on while you wash it?

Yep.
Post Reply Post Reply
You asked "What can I use instead of headgear". Look at the Bleep mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacey Burke, are you sure that the headgear with arms works on the n30 mask?  If so it should work on the p10 as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never used the P10 myself, but I understand that the headgear with arms mentioned is supposed to work on that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As has been said, leave the headgear attached when you clean it. I wash my frame and headgear weekly and leave it attached and I use a n30i mask. Keeps me from messing up my sizing/fit and having to spend time getting it reset.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to thank you for suggesting the Dreamwear headgear with arms.  I have been using it for about 2 months and it has held my Resmed N30i mask in place better than than the Resmed headgear that came with the mask.  I am an active sleeper, and this has been a huge help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,658 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 439 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 351 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 421 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,009 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.