Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What could be going on here?
RE: What could be going on here?
I'm going to split the baby in half (like Solomon.) I think a talk with the doc is first order of business.
It's possible that some periodic breathing is going on.
The flow diminishes in amplitude followed by a recovery breath.
With no correlating flow limitation, it would seem something involving the central respiratory drive.
Likely not a serious problem -- but disruptive to sleep architecture.
Good that the OP indicates a recent sleep study with no RERAs or CA.

I'm guessing the doc will agree to switch to fixed pressure.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow - thanks to everyone for your advice, personal experiences, and research etc. This is all very helpful as I was so very tired but now feel really well rested (3rd day). I will definitely circle back with questions as I monitor my progress/numbers and will definitely circle back with the doc at some point about the pressure changes and breathing patterns. Thanks again for all of the great support!
Post Reply Post Reply
The graphs look normal to me. I have those same hiccups sprinkled among miles of smooth breathing. We are animals not machines. Even my dogs frequently have little breathing derflugalties.

I agree with Ghost about your sensitivity to the APAP. Set the auto minimum at your good constant pressure and let it go 3cm above. That's how I run mine. If you still don't feel as good as the CPAP then reset it to CPAP.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.