Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy not getting much results from CPAP machine
RE: New guy not getting much results from CPAP machine
(01-01-2014, 03:40 PM)Esprit Wrote: What should I use to clean out the supply hose and mask? There's quite a bit of moisture in them and I don't want bacteria or mold to form.
The S9 will keep blowing air through the hose for a while after you turn it off. So wait for a while before taking the hose off the machine each morning. And then hang the hose up each morning and use distilled water in the humidifier. That will reduce the chances of any nasty stuff starting to grow.

I clean my hose about once a week in a vinegar-water mixture. I use about 1-2 parts vinegar to 10 parts water. (I don't measure real closely.) I soak the hose for a while and then rinse thoroughly and hang to dry. If you are using a heated hose with electrical coils in it, you should check your owner's manual for suggestions on how often to clean the hose and what to use to clean the hose.

The hose can take a long time to dry. Once I was able to get a second hose, I typically rotate the hoses. One is "drying" and one is in use.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2014, 06:47 PM)robysue Wrote: The hose can take a long time to dry. Once I was able to get a second hose, I typically rotate the hoses. One is "drying" and one is in use.

You can also use the CPAP machine to blow air and dry the hose much faster.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2014, 03:40 PM)Esprit Wrote: What should I use to clean out the supply hose and mask? There's quite a bit of moisture in them and I don't want bacteria or mold to form.
I wash the cushion each morning in the shower, also have another cushion on standby on the bedside table in case I get up during the night feeling all sweaty. As robysue said "S9 will keep blowing air through the hose for a while after you turn it off", I power down the machine and hang the hose over the bedroom door to dry out (looks like a snake, a warning sign for intruders and the curious to keep away .. danger zone)

Here some FAQs might helps http://www.resmed.com/au/service_and_sup...c=patients
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,362 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 398 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,377 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 195 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,541 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,958 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 148 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.