Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do I do first, when i get my Airsense 10 for her.
What do I do first, when i get my Airsense 10 for her.

First off, I have learned so much from you all Grin

Since my DME didn't have the cpap machine I wanted, and my deductible being so high, I bought what I did want online (sleepdirect). I just ordered the AS10 yesterday. I have been using my Remstar Plus M series for the last 8 years. I ordered a Airsense 10 for her, and a P10 nasal pillow mask.
My question is: After I get my machine and unpack it, what is the first thing I need to do?????

Thank you so much Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do I do first, when i get my Airsense 10 for her.
I have the S10 AutoSet, I just washed the water tub and put the filter in.

I've found the forum here helpful in accessing the clinical menu and adjusting the settings as needed. My only issue so far has been moisture in the mask when the humidity was set at 3 or 4. I have the heated hose and really like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

There is minimal assembly to be done. Check that it has an SD card under the small door on the top left.
Hook everything up; route the hose; and don't forget to fill the water tank to the bottom of the wavy line.

BTW -- you say CPAP pressure = 9 in your profile. What mode will you run in? CPAP or Auto. If Auto, what range?
In other words, check the settings before it's late in the evening. Check the date and time to make sure it's set to your local time.
See link at top of page.

I'd recommend requesting the manual so you can navigate the menus.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Take your photo standing next to it, like with a new car. Congrats! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Adding to what JustMongo said, I would suggest perhaps setting the machine to CPAP mode and get a baseline of data. Later, using the Autoset or Autoset for Her mode, and bracketing your CPAP pressure of 9; for example, 7 min, 12 max. Note that EPR will subtract pressure during exhale, so don't go overboard on EPR at first, or try to select too low of a minimum pressure. If using EPR of 3, then 7 may well be too low for your minimum pressure as it will produce 7/4 (IPAP/EPAP). Just use your best judgement, then watch for trends in the data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Yes I will be in Auto mode, I have a dr. appt. where i'll be taking in my equipment then a follow up in Nov. I don't usually use the humidifier in my old Remstar Plus, will I have to use the humidifier in the new AS10 4her? I did not order the heated hose to go with it, will I need one?

Thank you for all of ya'lls replies, I am so excited to a good nights sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the humidifier on my resmed device. Initially found it to be ok.

After the weather started to have so much humidity, I found any amount of humidifier was to much so now I don't have the heater activated and don't put any water in the tank.

I'll see what happens when we get out of the humid months.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2016, 08:37 AM)justMongo Wrote: Welcome

There is minimal assembly to be done. Check that it has an SD card under the small door on the top left.
Hook everything up; route the hose; and don't forget to fill the water tank to the bottom of the wavy line.

BTW -- you say CPAP pressure = 9 in your profile. What mode will you run in? CPAP or Auto. If Auto, what range?
In other words, check the settings before it's late in the evening. Check the date and time to make sure it's set to your local time.
See link at top of page.

I'd recommend requesting the manual so you can navigate the menus.

I'm sorry to be confused, but this is all new to me. I opened the flippy top on the Remstar Plus (Old machine) turned it on and it says : 9.0 cmH2O The flex is on 2. This machine has no card. And at night it starts when I put on mask, then I stop it in the morning.
I tried to attach 2 pics, but they wouldn't upload.

Thanks ya'll are so helpful. When I figure this out i'll have to send a pic of my NEW 4 her and myself Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
Since "all ya'll" is a southern expression, I'll assume you're in the southeast US.

So, you probably don't need a heated hose. You don't have too use the humidifier if you choose not to.
You can switch it off in the menu; or (in my opinion) a better choice is to get the end cap that allows the machine to work without a tank installed.
It's $15 to $20. Comes in a color to match your machine.
Just Google "ResMed Air 10 side cover"
[Image: Accessories_Air-10-Side_Cover_Charcoal_heroimage.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Yes! I'm in Florida
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,626 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,490 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,115 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,410 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.