Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do RID and VID codes stand for?
What do RID and VID codes stand for?
I've had my S9 AutoSet for less than one week and am doing pretty well so far I think (AHI's usually around 1.0, and good mask fit), but I'm wondering what the RID & VID numbers mean - mine are 100 and 1, respectively....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do RID and VID codes stand for?
Congratulations on your successful therapy.

VID : variant ID
RID : regional variant ID

These are not indices related to your therapy, if that's your question. For now, the only index you need to pay attention to is AHI, which measures the numbers of apnea and hypopnea events per hour.

If you would like a more in-depth look at your data, I highly recommend downloading the free software SleepyHead (link below). You can upload your data from the SD card in your machine and view detailed information about your therapy. It is a great way to take charge of your own therapy.

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Possum - Thanks for your quick reply....

I've noticed many references on the apneaboard website for Sleepyhead. I just tried opening both the Open and Broken versions on my newer Macbook, but I get a message saying they can't be opened because they're from an unidentified developer - only apps from the Mac store or identified developers....any suggestions? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
You beat me to it, Possum.

Dononlake, here is a good resource for the alphabet soup.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 03:14 PM)dononlake Wrote: Hi Possum - Thanks for your quick reply....

I've noticed many references on the apneaboard website for Sleepyhead. I just tried opening both the Open and Broken versions on my newer Macbook, but I get a message saying they can't be opened because they're from an unidentified developer - only apps from the Mac store or identified developers....any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm actually unfamiliar with that particular installation issue, but I recommend opening a separate thread. This will give greater visibility to your question, rather than it being hidden inside a seemingly unrelated thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dononlake,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It’s great to hear that you're adjusting well to CPAP therapy, keep up the good work.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
dononlake,

Click on the apple on the top left of your screen on your Mac and then click on System Preferences.

Go to General in System Preferences and click on the lock on the bottom left. Enter your password when prompted.

Select Anywhere in the Allow apps downloaded from: section of the General tab.

After making this change, you should get a popup warning the first time you open an unknown app. You will be given the option to cancel opening the app or to authorize opening the app. The app should open normally after authorizing it the first time.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have a dedicated software support board, so if what has been written so far doesn't work I suggest you go to the system menu and open up the software support board and post there,
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creative solutions if you don't have a night stand? rpierce 6 631 08-28-2023, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dataq1
  Not Sleeping. Does anything stand out? SleepyYeti 2 457 02-15-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: SleepyYeti
  Event Codes swfcowls 4 605 12-02-2022, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Symptoms] Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? coleperkins12 4 632 11-20-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Dreamstation error codes Hawk600 5 6,876 05-14-2022, 07:20 PM
Last Post: davidfloresmed
  C stand as hose hanger aolamid 4 1,181 03-15-2022, 07:26 PM
Last Post: brasshopper
  Medicare TReatment/Diagnosis Codes Homerec130 2 556 01-22-2022, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.