Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do the tooltips mean (in OSCAR)?
What do the tooltips mean (in OSCAR)?
Hi

Can someone please explain the meaning of the tooltip I get when I hover over an event in the OSCAR window? E.g., what does it mean when it says "Clear Airway (10)"? That there were 10 CA events just after 3 a.m.?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do the tooltips mean (in OSCAR)?
I believe it means duration of apnea. In other words, it was 10sec long.

You can also click on the Clear Airway label (left side bar- purple bar) and a drop down of events will show seconds.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2021, 07:36 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I believe it means duration of apnea.  In other words, it was 10sec long.

You can also click on the Clear Airway label (left side bar- purple bar) and a drop down of events will show seconds.

Thanks. If that's true, I have some CA's 20, 23, 25 seconds long. Scary....
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, that's too long.

Can you post an OSCAR chart? We may be able to make suggestions.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing that you are using a nasal pillow mask, the long CAs could be you are breathing through your mouth too. You need to look at the complete data before you make a determination.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape pid='400824' dateline='1624888511'][Seeing that you are using a nasal pillow mask, the long CAs could be you are breathing through your mouth too.   You need to look at the complete data before you make a determination.[/quote]

Thanks, does this help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2021, 08:52 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Yep, that's too long.

Can you post an OSCAR chart?  We may be able to make suggestions.

Hi OpalRose, CrimsonNape:

Is the chart I posted above sufficient for you to draw any conclusions?

I don't think I'm breathing through my mouth - in the past when I did so, I used to wake up with dry mouth and throat. I'm not getting that lately.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm copying this to the general forum since it's no longer a software request.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.