Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do these mean
What do these mean
Hi i have moved this from other forum as it was a bit list. Can anyone help me interpret this data and advise whether i should change anything. I must admit that i understand none of these datasets and how they impact. Would love to get AHI as ,is as possible. I am already seeing significant benefit in wakefulness etc but don't want stupidity to hold me back.

Also as i use the Amara View mask do i need to worry about mouth breathing?

Sorry i couldn't embed images but Imgur wouldn't provide me an uplift option. I have therefore copied the link.

Look forward to hearing from all of you experienced hose heads lol

http://imgur.com/a/RbCh8

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do these mean
Unfortunately you took screen shots of 1 event. You will need to reopen SH. Go to the Daily tab and make sure the Event Flags graph is open to the whole sleep night. It should be bright and not grayed out as yours is. Then take your screenshots.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sonic boom

i don't understand. The images are for an 8 hr period- is this one event?
Post Reply Post Reply
First, all your images are extremely zoomed in and it's a little difficult to know what you are trying to show with that very confined time. You appear to be using a Philips Respironics Dreamstation with default (wide open) settings of 4-20 which are completely missing the mark. It would be helpful if your screenshots would show the full night of pressure changes so we can see how all these events line up with the pressures.

One thing is obvious, your pressure of 4-20 needs to be changed to about 12-20 to even come close to your needs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2017, 06:18 PM)Johnboy Wrote: Hi sonic boom

i don't understand. The images are for an 8 hr period- is this one event?

If you look at your graphs, they are zeroed in to about one event around 12:54.
Your event graph is fine, all the other graphs should match that and have the exact times. Also, get rid of the pie chart, then we can see more statistics below that.

Also, if you look at the example in the "shorganize" tutorial, you will see only five graphs listed that should be included under the events graphs.

This should narrow it down to one image.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sorry for being stupid and this is likely to continue for a while. I changed my settings last night to Ramp 5 mins at 6 and scale from 8-20. Not sure that I slept any better and did have a couple of leaks.

I took 2 screenshots of the FULL NIGHTS info which can be found here. Hopefully this will be enough to allow all of you wonderful experts to analyse and advise.Thanks

http://imgur.com/a/u8kwr
Also I did try and remove the pie chart but couldn't find the means to do this.Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
Your minimum pressure is too low to tackle your apnea. As stated above, it should be raised to 12cm, and possibly may need to be higher.
If you look at your graph, you can see that you experienced a lot of RERA's during ramp. If you are going to use the ramp feature, it will need to be raised to keep pace with the minimum pressure.
Start ramp at 8cm.

Good job on the graphs, but still need to get rid of the pie chart. Under preferences, click on appearance and uncheck the pie chart.
Leaks aren't bad either. I only see one large leak in early morning.

Raising the minimum pressure will help eliminate or improve the Hypopneas, Snores, RERA's and Flow Limitations.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Johnboy - OpalR explained the problem with your screenshot. Good job on the last one. Let us know how you do with the suggested changes of pressure. Welcome to the hose head world!
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. If you don't mind i will post tomorrow with increased pressures to see it's going.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK so changed the settings to Ramp for 5 mins at 9 and range 12-20. Didnt sleep very well and felt i was awake from 2:30 to 3:30 (do the graphs indicate when you were sleeping?). Also had a lot of mask repositionings (10-20) during the night. AHI over 3 and i have copied the graph for comments. Any suggestions for further tweaks?

http://imgur.com/a/uwkLq
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.