Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do you guys think?
What do you guys think?
I'm trying my hand at posting charts for the first time, and so I hope this works.

I'm going to post a chart that shows a typical hypopnea that I experience.  Can anyone look at this and tell me what's going on here, particularly in the two breaths **before** the hypopnea actually occurs?

Also, sometimes I get a group of apneas.  When I zoom out, it kinds looks like CSR to me.  What do you guys think?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do you guys think?
It's called a sigh. It's a normal for it to happen during the night. Just a person talking a deep breath and letting it out. It leads to suppressed breaths for few seconds. It's not a hypopnea but the machine counts them like one.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2018, 03:46 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: It's called a sigh. It's a normal for it to happen during the night. Just a person talking a deep breath and letting it out. It leads to suppressed breaths for few seconds. It's not a hypopnea but the machine counts them like one.

Walla Walla,

Thank you very much for responding.  

I find that the many of my detected events look just like this one.  Are you saying that, when computing my AHI, I should disregard them?  In other words, they are not apneas, and a higher pressure will do nothing to resolve them?

Interestingly, if I'm using a machine with Central Apnea Detection turned on, it often fails to see the tiny breaths, and counts it as an **apnea**.  If I'm in autoset mode, the pressure will increase as well.

Do you have any thoughts on the second graph that I posted?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's another image showing what looks to my uninformed eye like periodic breathing.  Again, I'd love any thoughts from people with more experience than I...

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like it's obstructive flow limitation. The first chart had unknown events but I think they were obstructive. Same with the second chart but they're not counted as events because they don't last long enough. Well that's my guess until Sleeprider says I'm wrong. Too-funny
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 726 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 715 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 979 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 747 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,302 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM
  Hey Guys, Help Tweaking machine Justbreath 25 3,195 06-05-2019, 06:21 PM
  Do you guys unplug your CPAP after it cools down? vroomvroom 13 4,358 04-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: ardenum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.