Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do you think!
What do you think!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do you think!
G'day Tyke29. A belated welcome to Apnea Board.

Did you know your full name is included in that image - you might want to redact it. Let me know if you need assistance.

I think the raw numbers look good, but we need to reformat your chart so we can better see what's going on.

Please increase the width of the left sidebar so that each item in the statistics only occupies a single row - that will allow some currently hidden data to become visible. Then format the graphs in the order: Event flags, Flow rate, Pressure (not mask pressure), Leak rate, Flow limitations (if available) and Snore. Finally, turn off the afternoon session(the yellow bar at the bottom left of your chart. Instructions are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do tommow, thanks for the instructions!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, Tyke29! When you re-post your chart, could you also let us know how you are feeling? Do you sleep soundly at night? Do you feel rested during the day? When someone's numbers are good, the real questions often lie in the answers to those more subjective areas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Forgive me as im new to posting here. I hope these files are now in proper order.
Ive had sleep apnea for about 20 years or so. I dont feel to bad, its hard to tell if stress or work or age causes a lot of tiredness. Ive gone through about 5 differant machines, but alway bi level. the new one i just got by far my numbers are better here than in sleeplyhead with my other machines. Ive never has a AHI over 3 in all my years. I believe i have centrals at night. When i get my old sleep study i will post it as i go along. im going to bump up my min epap tonight to see if i can lower the hypopneas. If you have any recomendations/questions let me know.

Thanks Tyke
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again Tyke. The charts are looking better, but you've somehow got it zoomed in way too far so that the graphs are only showing about 1 second duration. Please place the cursor on the title of any of the graphs, eg on the word "Pressure", right-click and select "100% zoom level".
Post Reply Post Reply
Tyke29, 20 years -- that is so inspiring! And your numbers look great. That (very fancy) machine of yours seems to be doing a great job with your central apnea. I'm not competent to advise you about your pressures, but if this chart is fairly typical, and if you are sleeping pretty well, then maybe you don't really need to change anything.

You wonder whether stress or work or age might be causing you to feel tired. That is absolutely possible, and if you're sleeping pretty well, then that raises the odds that something other than sleep issues is making you tired. It's probably worth a trip to the doctor so he or she can give you a good check-up.

I notice you slept 7.5 hours. Any chance you might be needing a bit more? I'm 71, and I'm always taken by surprise when something I take for granted changes, but the fact is I need more sleep, get sleepy earlier, tolerate coffee and alcohol less well, etc., etc., than even 10 years ago.

Do you have a chance to walk briskly maybe 20 minutes per day? It would help with stress and might help you sleep more soundly. If you haven't been exercising a lot, it could also help to counteract some of those effects of getting older. I'm not as consistent about walking as I should be, but when I've been good about it for a few weeks, I do notice the difference.

Well, this is all far afield from apnea, but I'm trying to think about the ways you might be able to feel less tired. Keep posting, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Some general impressions are that with EPAP min 7.5 and PS 4.0 to 17.5, you have a very low AHI and the machine rarely departs from minimum settings. It is unusual to see someone with 100% spontaneous trigger using a SV machine. You have a fairly high respiration rate that appears to keep you well ventilated, and while the machine is scoring a few hypopnea, there is no suggestion you would experience apnea of any kind, even on a bilevel with no backup rate. As far as improving the hypopnea, we're really only talking about one every two hours, so I don't see a need to change settings, but I'd increase PS in 0.5 increments rather than increase EPAP min. The rationale is to give a bit more pressure support to inspiration and hopefully also address the flow limitations and hypopnea.

I think you're getting good treatment at current settings with a low leak rate. So the question back at you is, how are you feeling?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider Wrote:...but I'd increase EPAP min in 0.5 increments rather than increase EPAP min.

SR, is that what you meant to say?
Post Reply Post Reply

This was last night. i had a really hard time getting to sleep. Started with a itchy nose so kept lifting my mask to scratch. 
I see that before some of the hypopneas i took a large breath which might explain the cessation in breathing for a period. Also slight changes in machine settings. 
I hope the charts again are better.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.