Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do you think of my Oscar data
RE: What do you think of my Oscar data
Yes in this way, if the mask is the wrong sized and causing high leaks like yours, and changing size reduces leaks, then your PAP therapy is more effective meaning you're gaining a more healthy sleeping session. It makes the PAP more efficient in treating your Apnea when it leaks less.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plus also, I imagine that the leaks themselves might cause minor arousals (or fully wake you, if they're really annoying) even if your therapy IS effective. I know mine do, and I have very low leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2021, 09:27 AM)tstiefler3 Wrote: Gotcha thank you for clarifying. Have you heard of a change in size being a difference maker between feeling awful and great? I have a medium so will try a large.

Frequently
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok cool. i'll letcha know how it goes. Thanks again so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright. I have an update and unfortunately I'm still struggling. I changed my EPR 3. I went from a medium nasal pillow to a large, which I thought would do the trick. I kept my pressure the same at 10 min pressure and 16 max.

I don't recall having a restless night and I wake up thinking I'm better. But then after a bit I'm in a total fog. I feel out of it. It's harder to communicate and to think clearly. My energy is low.

I got the soft collar. I haven't used it because it looks like it's just for people who sleep on their back. I sleep on my stomach.

Right now I'm sleeping with an eye mask, chin strap, ear plugs and the machine. Just to eliminate any potential issues.

Kinda at my wits end here. I feel like things are just getting worse in a way. Is it possible CPAPs can't help everyone?

I attached my updated report. Last one ended on may 3rd.

attached oscar data. thank you for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your leaks are still less than ideal. Some are mouth leaks and other areas are the mask itself leaking. I don't stomach sleep, but I'm pretty sure you're chin tucking, or something else that is giving clusters. I'd try that collar.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The purpose of the collar is to keep that 'hose' that goes down your throat from getting a kink. It doesn't care if you are a stomach or a back sleeper. The clustering is not as significant in your current chart but keep an eye out for that because the pressure will not help that.

Up your min pressure to 11 and let's see if that helps some. Do you have a recording oximeter? If so I'd like to see overnight results. Please state which settings feel better once you try 11. That should help to lower your obstructive events
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll update to 11 and add the collar and see how I feel tomorrow. I just ordered an oximeter on Amazon and will report back once I have gotten results from that. Anything else I should try? Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2021, 07:16 PM)Gideon Wrote: The purpose of the collar is to keep that 'hose' that goes down your throat from getting a kink.  It doesn't care if you are a stomach or a back sleeper.  The clustering is not as significant in your current chart but keep an eye out for that because the pressure will not help that.

Yeah sleep medicine misses the point with making the distinction sleeping on your back, when it's where your chin is.

Babies in the womb can hang out for all nine months in a fetal position, because they "breathe" through their umbilical cords -- mommy breathes for them. But once you're born and have to breathe through your own windpipe, you have to keep your chin up!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 29 1 hour ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 105 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 402 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.