Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do you think of my Oscar data
What do you think of my Oscar data
I feel like my CPAP is super hit or miss. Sometimes I feel great, othertimes I feel awful. I also struggle with depression which can in part have an impact on my mood. But on days I feel bad it does feel sleep related. 

Lately it's been a lot worse. And I just want to make sure it's not my CPAP or sleep apnea before moving on to other things. I attached screenshots of my Oscar data. I'd say for the most recent week that's when things started feeling particularly bad. Anyways, would love feedback if anyone has anything. Happy to share more information too if that helps!

Thanks so much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do you think of my Oscar data
I see 2 likely issues, one is probable positional Apnea causing your clusters of events meaning several Apnea events one after the other. This is like kinking a garden hose and restricted flow. View my signature link in the soft collar.

Second is leaks seem high. Check the mask for proper sized fitting and adjusting straps properly. Just note that no mask should be tight in order to reduce leak rates.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The most obvious thing is that your leaks are out of control, and your AHI is miserable.

When you are in the "Overview" screen, turn off the Usage and Session Times graphs completely. I go into Preferences->Appearance and set the graph heights to 90 and then I can see a big picture. I arrange my graphs in the order Pressure, AHI, Flow Limitation, Leak Rate, Large Leak, Total Time in Apnea on top because that's what I worry about.

(The "Usage" and "Session Times" tracking seriously p*** me off, especially when the data the the machine is recording shows that the machine is a total failure at treating the apnea. Just seeing the graphs is enough to send me into an obscenity-laced rant!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing is you need a higher EPR, Set EPT = 2 and let's see what happens. I'm being cautious, especially since these are all old charts. I'd expect to try EPR = 3 with possibly a higher pressure to smooth out your pressure swings, up to 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks both of you. Just a couple questions.

I have a nasal pillow. I think it fits my nose pretty well so should I try tightening it a bit? Any other suggestions of what could be causing the leak? 

What is AHI and what are you supposed to do to make it not miserable?

Are your suggestions to change the layout needed in order to help diagnose what might be going on? I can put it together and shoot you screenshots if that's helpful.

Where do I find the substitute link on the soft collar?

Fingers crossed these issues end up being the key. So appreciate your insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, here is my Oscar Overview reordered and scaled down to 90

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The overview chart does little to help those that want to advise.
Please use the layout in the tutorial in my signature line on Organizing your chart.  Once organized, use the F12 (if using windows) to take a screenshot.

Always include the  left sidebar, minus the calendar and pie chart.  Leave the right sidebar off.
Graphs needed:  Events, Flow rate, pressure (not mask pressure), leak rate, flow limitation (if ResMed).
Leave off all those other graphs unless asked.  

As far as leaks, yep they are a bit high, but what I see is mask movement.  Notice the spikes on your leak rate graph, those usually indicate movement.  There may be some mouth breathing too.

As Gideon stated above, add EPR at a setting of 2. Then work on the leaks. Sometimes it's just a matter of trying a different size nasal pillow.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2021, 01:41 AM)tstiefler3 Wrote: Also, here is my Oscar Overview reordered and scaled down to 90

The best use for that overview chart is that when you see something sticking out bigger than usual, hold the shift key down and click on the bar and it will take you to the chart for that day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry substitute was a typo from my crazy device. It's been edited above to read signature. There's a soft collar link there.

If the nasal mask is leaking, tightening more probably will make it leak more as it would squash the cushion, distorting it. You might need to change cushion sizes, maybe the headgear if there's another choice, adjusting correctly maybe is an option, or you'll need to get a different model of mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha thank you for clarifying. Have you heard of a change in size being a difference maker between feeling awful and great? I have a medium so will try a large.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 7 32 minutes ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 64 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.