Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do you think of these symtoms
What do you think of these symtoms
So I just recently got diagnosed with a severe case.  As a few of you will already know.  But im wondering if the pains in my arms and neck.  Along with my back and sometimes legs could also be because of sleep apnea.  My hands go numb very easily no what position I'm in.  Looks like my machine will be the resmed s10 autoset

Here are my numbers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do you think of these symtoms
Here's the other picture

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Pains in the arm(s) and neck. Classic Heart Attack symptoms, and yes, even the back and legs. Have your PCP check your heart. Hopefully this is just an elimination evaluation but it needs to be done.

You have severe Sleep Apnea. The AutoSet is a good machine to treat those events. IMHO your min pressure should be not lower than 7 and EPR set to 3 fulltime.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been checked for heart issues.  These pains feel like nerve issues.  I've been reading those can be caused from the sleep apnea. Especially from the o2 drops i have.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had something similar-ish at times. It would be best to let doc know anyway. I have had severe acid reflux that can mimic heart attacks, but that's way different than what you're describing. It's too serious to not inform the doc.

OK on to PAP...when you start using the machine, post OSCAR data and we can suggest ways to optimize the machine settings. And when you do start creating OSCAR charts, keep an eye on the CA/clear airway/central apnea counts, as yours were elevated some in the data provided. Maybe there isn't any issues on the CA front, but we'll see when we see data. Good luck to you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm concerned about the 2:1 ratio of CA to OA and high hypopnea event rate that is not characterized as obstructive or central. CPAP is not a cinch to be the solution, but it is what will be tried first.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2020, 06:50 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I have had something similar-ish at times. It would be best to let doc know anyway. I have had severe acid reflux that can mimic heart attacks, but that's way different than what you're describing. It's too serious to not inform the doc.

OK on to PAP...when you start using the machine, post OSCAR data and we can suggest ways to optimize the machine settings. And when you do start creating OSCAR charts, keep an eye on the CA/clear airway/central apnea counts, as yours were elevated some in the data provided. Maybe there isn't any issues on the CA front, but we'll see when we see data. Good luck to you.

When you say similar lol. Could you elaborate a little. Im sorry im just desperately seeking answers. All the doctors have just said await sleep results lol. Ive been chalking the weird feeling headaches I get up to the SA

(10-09-2020, 06:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm concerned about the 2:1 ratio of CA to OA and high hypopnea event rate that is not characterized as obstructive or central.  CPAP is not a cinch to be the solution, but it is what will be tried first.

Do you think it will help me even in the smallest. We talked on my other thread lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Going into more detail: I have had numbness in fingers, toes, and sometimes into the hands. The best I can say is that it seems via conversing with my PCP he had thought the numbness may be linked to my truck driving career of 11 years and possible impact injuries and harsh vibrations and such accumulated with the years of driving a truck. Other medical needs took priority and I've not pursued it further, at least not to present.

As for my acid reflux or GERD, it's due to issues with the LES, basically the valve at the point where esophagus meets the stomach. Mine could be due in part to a hiatal hernia and/or LES weakness. I need to avoid caffeine, mints, chocolate, and some other known food/drink that cause flare-ups. I still drink the coffee, and as long as I limit it to once a day and about 8 ounces, I seem to do OK. This GERD flare-up will manifest itself with strong acid taste in the mouth, a tightness in the chest along with pain in the chest, neck, and jaw. I've had it checked in the ER and via several EGDs, a diagnostic esophagus and stomach image session.

I am not attempting to relate either of my health issues with what you are going through. I have heart issues in the family, and specifically my father had angina and several heart attacks, which seem to have been linked to him having CHF/congested heart failure. So anything potentially heart related, I get it checked ASAP.

I don't really think of finding anything that relates numbness like you describe to apnea. I'd play it safe and tell the doctor again anyway. Tell the doctor about it until you get tested for its cause. Be relentless in telling symptoms until doctor does something. Neck and arm pain could be serious like heart and heart attack related. Or it may be any number of lesser issues. Headaches that you wake up with? This could be what I call morning headache, ones I wake up to that seems linked to untreated apnea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2020, 01:52 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Going into more detail: I have had numbness in fingers, toes, and sometimes into the hands. The best I can say is that it seems via conversing with my PCP he had thought the numbness may be linked to my truck driving career of 11 years and possible impact injuries and harsh vibrations and such accumulated with the years of driving a truck. Other medical needs took priority and I've not pursued it further, at least not to present.

As for my acid reflux or GERD, it's due to issues with the LES, basically the valve at the point where esophagus meets the stomach. Mine could be due in part to a hiatal hernia and/or LES weakness. I need to avoid caffeine, mints, chocolate, and some other known food/drink that cause flare-ups. I still drink the coffee, and as long as I limit it to once a day and about 8 ounces, I seem to do OK. This GERD flare-up will manifest itself with strong acid taste in the mouth, a tightness in the chest along with pain in the chest, neck, and jaw. I've had it checked in the ER and via several EGDs, a diagnostic esophagus and stomach image session.

I am not attempting to relate either of my health issues with what you are going through. I have heart issues in the family, and specifically my father had angina and several heart attacks, which seem to have been linked to him having CHF/congested heart failure. So anything potentially heart related, I get it checked ASAP.

I don't really think of finding anything that relates numbness like you describe to apnea. I'd play it safe and tell the doctor again anyway. Tell the doctor about it until you get tested for its cause. Be relentless in telling symptoms until doctor does something. Neck and arm pain could be serious like heart and heart attack related. Or it may be any number of lesser issues. Headaches that you wake up with? This could be what I call morning headache, ones I wake up to that seems linked to untreated apnea.
My pain is usually tightness but recently its become burning and stinging. And it comes and goes. Ive been told it could be linked to the oxygen drops from the apnea. The headaches also start in thr morning then resolve but they also happen. Throughout thr day at times as well.

(10-10-2020, 01:52 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Going into more detail: I have had numbness in fingers, toes, and sometimes into the hands. The best I can say is that it seems via conversing with my PCP he had thought the numbness may be linked to my truck driving career of 11 years and possible impact injuries and harsh vibrations and such accumulated with the years of driving a truck. Other medical needs took priority and I've not pursued it further, at least not to present.

My pain is usually tightness but recently its become burning and stinging. And it comes and goes. Ive been told it could be linked to the oxygen drops from the apnea. The headaches also start in thr morning then resolve but they also happen. Throughout thr day at times as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the significant desats on your diagnostic study I suggest that you get a recording oximeter that is compatible with OSCAr to validate that your therapy has raised your O2 sats to acceptable levels. If so only an occasional check should be necessity, if not much more frequent until the situation is corrected.

As you know your pain may, only may be associated with your apnea. I too have frequent pain but mine has been isolated to nerve impingement. I need to schedule a nerve ablation procedure as I type this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, Symtoms getting worse Fee510 6 4,300 02-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Last Post: djjwilly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.