Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated
Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated
Hello all,

I have been struggling with APNEA for several years. Diagnosed via sleep study - AHI approx 60.

Recently switched from nasal pillow to full face mask and thought I was feeling better.

Woke up this morning feeling dreadful - exhausted, headache. "lightness" in chest.

Attached is the OSCAR graph from last night.

If anyone could review and advise of any anomalies I would appreciate.

Please note I am primarily requesting review of the main "chink" of date from 1- pm to 5:30 am approx. I took two additional naps which show up on the graph.

Thank you all so much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated
You are having a lot of positional apnea.  Positional apnea can NOT be controlled by pressure changes.  You have to find out what position you are getting into and cutting off your own airway.  Have you changed your sleep position?  Sleeping on your back?  Using more (or new) pillows?  These things can cause positional apnea by chin dropping to your sternum and cutting your airway.  Think of it of a kinked hose – nothing can get through – you have to unkink the hose…

IF you can’t make a simple change like changing to a flatter pillow helps then you will need a collar.  I have a link to collars in my signature at the bottom of the page.  It shows people who are not wearing a collar and the SAME person wearing a collar.  There is a huge difference between the two.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated
Gravity does not respect cervical collars in come cases.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not feeling rested with BIPAP. Is it even making a difference? ppluissz 3 53 32 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 5 178 04-22-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 2 162 04-21-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Abrecaminos
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 476 04-19-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 165 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 643 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 579 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.