Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does ResMed report to prescriber?
What does ResMed report to prescriber?
In two weeks time I will have a teleconference with my prescriber, fulfilling the mandatory 2nd visit within 90 days of receiving my APAP.
With the generous advice of this forum I have been tuning parameters within the Clinicians mode of the menu.
Are these settings routinely reported by ResMed back to the prescriber in addition to AHI and duration?
I would like to prepare myself for being scolded!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What does ResMed report to prescriber?
Even if the settings are reported back, it doesn't matter.  There's no law that states you can't change your settings.  If you explain that you were uncomfortable with the settings and changed them a bit, it really shouldn't bother your physician.  It helps both you and your doctor if you openly discuss the changes you made and how you felt afterwards.  That way it provides your doctor with valuable treatment feedback.  As long as you keep the discussion factual, professional and positive, all should be well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sure they see settings and results, and of course hours used and the dates of use. They really only care about hours used and how many days it's used as in compliance only. If you feel better for it, make mental notes of the adjustments you did, why you did them, and the result of better therapy better comfort, etc. This way they should note in your patient file the comments you stated. It can give a historical account for future therapy needs. Whether or not you volunteer that info is up to you. I do tell the doc what I did and why. Maybe because I'm a rogue, but I do want the doc to know what and why I'm doing what I did in adjusting, and offer an opening on his input. Whether or not I use his suggestions is my choice though. I do sometimes do the docs suggestions to keep ruffled feathers to a minimum, and it seems to help when I ask or suggest something that he'd be more inclined to agree. I seem to be pretty good at "playing the game".
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep doc likes OSCAR. I waited until my 90 day appointment 5 years ago with my first machine (set on CPAP 12) to tell him I wanted to try APAP and I knew how to change it. He tried to set it via wifi but I had it turned off at home, so he said OK, keep it between 10 and 14. Later I brought him a Sleepyhead screenshot and he was impressed. He also has sleep apnea which helps. I hope your doctor is as understanding!
Post Reply Post Reply
I used my OSCAR reports with my Dr. showed him the progress I made with my dreamstation and talked with him that even after making numerous changes my events were to high and I as not rested. I asked for a ResMed
VAUTO and he wrote the RX.

Don’t worry about the setting just explain why if asked.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think Resmed reports anything to the doctors.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,397 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.