Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Average AHI last month of 19.6 - WTF?
RE: Average AHI last month of 19.6 - WTF?
She is currently using a VAuto and it does not appear to be handling the central apnea events. A bilevel ASV machine is specifically designed to handle complex (mixed) apnea and should probably be considered if the neck support and possible setting changes on the VAuto don’t improve things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!   So many wonderful people jumping in to help me!  Thank you to every one of you from the bottom of my heart.
So, night before last my AHI was 6.6 per hour!!!  I wore the collar and adjusted pillows.  Last night AHI was 10 per hour but a huge improvement so quickly is amazing.  I haven't uploaded the last two nights to OSCAR yet, but will post them on here  to start working on the centrals.

I really appreciate the links and OSCAR tips.  I'm trying to watch videos about OSCAR, but some of them go very quickly and are hard for an old fogie like me to follow.  Is there a good article or video that shows a little on how to interpret the shapes of the flow rate for example?  

You all rock!
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the trigger set to high?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR - The Guide and Optimizing Therapy in my signature
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same Res Med machine as okniswand . Can you explain more about the PS setting in step 2. ( Set PS=3)?  I don't see that setting on my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
What mode are you using, CPAP, S, VAuto? Only the VAuto mode uses a PS setting. The CPAP mode will have an EPR. The "S" mode only lists a minimum and maximum pressure, since the delta between the two is considered the PS.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a lot of YouTube videos on this. Search ResMed clinician menu. You can also download the user guide at the top of the site fee for all. 
But to answer your question. You press the round button and home button and hold them down until the clinician menu comes up. Use the round button to move up and down the menu and set new settings. 

But again take a look at youtube
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I am set up in the "S" mode. Makes sense now. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 153 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,025 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 585 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 605 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.