Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does all of this mean?
RE: What does all of this mean?
I'll be glad to interpret the graphs, but you need to do me a favor and make them a bit bigger. This describes how: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board The image you posted is only VGA resolution of 640 pixels. I need a full resolution F12 screenshot, not reduced or resized.

Also robysue's wiki has all the information you could ever want to know about those graphs: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 11:24 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: mcsheltie, a couple of things: 1) You mentioned fighting with your mask...it shows in the leak rate. Hopefully as you and the mask get better acquainted, it'll get a bit more under control.

Been doing better since the first night with the mask. Some of the leaks are my getting up either because of my legs or going to the restroom.

2) Even with a nasal mask, starting off at a pressure of 4 seems dang low....and you're running far higher most (almost all) of the time that you are using your mask. In fact, it seems you're maxing out your pressure most of the time. I know you're just starting off, but I'd have a chat with your DME and let them have a look at what you've gleaned over the first few days to a week.

[rant] I don't want to be cynical, but a pressure range of 4-7 feels like a ploy to get an extra visit or two charged to your insurance. Too many folks come here complaining of the CPAP not working or feeling like they can't breathe and ripping the mask off their face every night (eventually followed by quitting therapy and throwing the machine in a closet). More often than not, the DME has set the starting pressure at 4 when these folks share their details. My personal view (and no, I'm not a Dr or RT, this is just personal opinion) is that initial set up should have a base pressure of 6 for a nasal mask and 7 for a full face....it's a little harder to adjust to (but EPR can help with that on ResMed machines), but you eliminate the "I can't breathe" feeling and give folks a better chance of being able to adjust to a mask and the pressure, meaning a better chance for therapy to work. [/rant]

4 is the ramp pressure. I have it set for 5 minutes. I REALLY hate it coming on at full pressure. Five minutes gives me time to get the thing adjusted without it blasting my eyes when I move it around.

My prescription is 7 fixed. I changed it to 7-10 auto because in constant mode SleepyHead doesn't display Flow Limit.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 11:24 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: mcsheltie, a couple of things: 1) You mentioned fighting with your mask...it shows in the leak rate. Hopefully as you and the mask get better acquainted, it'll get a bit more under control.

Been doing better since the first night with the mask. Some of the leaks are my getting up either because of my legs or going to the restroom.

2) Even with a nasal mask, starting off at a pressure of 4 seems dang low....and you're running far higher most (almost all) of the time that you are using your mask. In fact, it seems you're maxing out your pressure most of the time. I know you're just starting off, but I'd have a chat with your DME and let them have a look at what you've gleaned over the first few days to a week.

[rant] I don't want to be cynical, but a pressure range of 4-7 feels like a ploy to get an extra visit or two charged to your insurance. Too many folks come here complaining of the CPAP not working or feeling like they can't breathe and ripping the mask off their face every night (eventually followed by quitting therapy and throwing the machine in a closet). More often than not, the DME has set the starting pressure at 4 when these folks share their details. My personal view (and no, I'm not a Dr or RT, this is just personal opinion) is that initial set up should have a base pressure of 6 for a nasal mask and 7 for a full face....it's a little harder to adjust to (but EPR can help with that on ResMed machines), but you eliminate the "I can't breathe" feeling and give folks a better chance of being able to adjust to a mask and the pressure, meaning a better chance for therapy to work. [/rant]

4 is the ramp pressure. I have it set for 5 minutes. I REALLY hate it coming on at full pressure. Five minutes gives me time to get the thing adjusted without it blasting my eyes when I move it around.

My prescription is 7 fixed. I changed it to 7-10 auto because in constant mode SleepyHead doesn't display Flow Limit.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 11:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'll be glad to interpret the graphs, but you need to do me a favor and make them a bit bigger. This describes how: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board The image you posted is only VGA resolution of 640 pixels. I need a full resolution F12 screenshot, not reduced or resized.

Also robysue's wiki has all the information you could ever want to know about those graphs: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead

I would like to learn how to interpret what the graph and numbers mean. I've been reading what the various things mean, but still sounds like Greek to me!

They were posted using Imgur. Click on them and you can expand them to full size.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 12:21 PM)mcsheltie Wrote: My prescription is 7 fixed. I changed it to 7-10 auto because in constant mode SleepyHead doesn't display Flow Limit.

mcsheltie,
If you prefer a straight pressure setting, but want to see Flow Data, just set the machine to Auto Mode 7Minimum to 7Maximum. (7-7)

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 01:19 PM)mcsheltie Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 11:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'll be glad to interpret the graphs, but you need to do me a favor and make them a bit bigger. This describes how: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board The image you posted is only VGA resolution of 640 pixels. I need a full resolution F12 screenshot, not reduced or resized.

I would like to learn how to interpret what the graph and numbers mean. I've been reading what the various things mean, but still sounds like Greek to me!

They were posted using Imgur. Click on them and you can expand them to full size.

First, start reading robysue's wiki. It will take a while, and there is nothing anyone can tell you in this thread that isn't there.

This is the tiny image you posted:

[Image: I2rHtwbl.png]

This is what I'm talking about from the page I linked above. Note the original image resolution difference:

[Image: RqiXlhH.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for putting up with my rant, mcsheltie....I'm one of the cranky old guys here Smile

Hopefully things will settle down for you soon. There's a lot of experience and good folks here that want to help. Keep us posted Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.