Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: What does 'invalid' SD card mean??
You probably don't need to replace the card.

When the S9 machine asks to erase the card, let it. You have to push a button or turn the knob. I forget the exact sequence. Look at the display to figure out how to do that.

This will remove all the data from the SD card. If you're not using software to read your own data, it won't really matter.

Your doctor screwed up. He should have put the little switch on the SD card in the lock position before putting it into his computer. You should probably do this yourself on your next visit. You'll need to unlock the SD card before using it in your CPAP machine.

This problem happens because Microsoft is arrogant and ResMed is stupid. Microsoft windows writes data to the SD card without asking. The S9 machine sees a file on the card that it didn't right and has a mental breakdown and refuses to work.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
09-16-2015 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

RE: What does 'invalid' SD card mean??
(09-16-2015 01:54 PM)stanleydean Wrote:  I recently had the same issue. A new SD card from Walmart worked well. Just take the old card and they will help you. To remove the card press it in and release. It will pop out far enough for you to pull it out. Use a thumbnail to press if need.Be sure to notice which side the gold strips are on and put the new card in the same way. Get a card that has the same capacity as the old card or greater. No need for more capacity, it just costs more. The card is installed like it is removed, press in until it pops in place √≤bserving the orientation of the gold strips. There are numerous stores other than Walmart that sell SD cards and the one you need should be $10 or less.

Be sure you get the full size (length and width) SD card. The mini or micro size SD cards can only be used if put in an adapter card to make it full size, and the adapters are all flimsy and won't last long.

I recently bought a two-pack of standard size SD cards, 2GB capacity each, at Walmart for $11.

The early ResMed S9 models will only accept standard density SD cards (2GB or less), so if your ResMed S9 machine was manufactured longer ago than around 2012 (not sure exactly which year, and it may vary for each model), the ResMed S9 might not work with a 4GB or higher density SD card.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 06:13 PM by vsheline.)
09-20-2015 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  invalid date/time. data exists for this period message on Resmed 9 autoset Marl1n 3 474 07-25-2016 09:03 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 28 27,533 03-18-2016 07:32 PM
Last Post: palerider
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 4,938 06-19-2015 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 3,799 04-06-2014 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Invalid SD card please help StaceyG 11 2,493 01-19-2014 01:21 PM
Last Post: BABolger
  [Equipment] "Invalid SD card erase data? Yes No" cbpugh 9 8,495 03-19-2013 06:11 PM
Last Post: cbpugh