Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does 'invalid' SD card mean??
What does 'invalid' SD card mean??
I had my yearly appointment with the sleep doctor yesterday. My report was very good and he was pleased that I actually wear the mask and use the machine every night. Apparently some patients do not. My problem is that when I returned home and re-inserted my SD card, the machine is telling me that I have an 'invalid' SD card and asks the questions..."do you want to erase the data?" Have no idea why it is behaving this way nor what to do for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What does 'invalid' SD card mean??
Three things come to mind:
1. If you are using a S9, the doctor's office might have used a Windows 8 or 10 computer to read it. The S9 is the only model(I think) that will complain about the system volume information file that Windows 8 & 10 writes to the card.

2. Did the doctor's office give you back the same card?

3. Since your data has been reviewed, erasing it doesn't matter.

Please fill out your profile so we can see the equipment and setting that you are using.

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
2. Yes, I received the same card back as I had written my initials on the card last year when the DME sent me a new card.

3. Have no clue how to "erase" the data as it is not clear how to do that.

Last year the sleep doctor's office was not able to read the card at all because they said it was "corrupt". This year they were able to download the data but now my ResMed S9 Autoset machine doesn't want it back - and is it considered "corrupt" once again?
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be worth replacing your card. Any SD card will do - it doesn't need to be Resmed's own brand. Your machine will automatically format it and write the summary data to the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2015, 08:31 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: It might be worth replacing your card. Any SD card will do - it doesn't need to be Resmed's own brand. Your machine will automatically format it and write the summary data to the card.

Sorry for my ignorance, but where does one buy these SD cards? I am not computer savvy and I don't understand why I can't seem to take the SD card out, do a download whether it is to Sleepyhead or the sleep doctor's office without the SD card giving me grief when I put it back in?

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2015, 09:16 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: Sorry for my ignorance, but where does one buy these SD cards? I am not computer savvy and I don't understand why I can't seem to take the SD card out, do a download whether it is to Sleepyhead or the sleep doctor's office without the SD card giving me grief when I put it back in?

Try googling the term "SD card". Several suppliers will be listed. The S9 will only use the maximum of 2Gb, so any card 2Gb or larger will work fine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GrammaBear,
Check out any one of the online suppliers from the Suppliers List at top of page. Most sell them for a decent price. Or you can ask your friendly DME to send you a new one, but they would probably charge you more. Sad

When you put a new card into CPAP machine, the CPAP should write all of the data on the new card.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
GrammaBear, It's quite likely that your SD card is ok. The problem you are experiencing is often caused by the doctors computer writing an improper directory to your card. The offending directory is named "System Volume Information" and is a hidden directory. You can delete that directory manually or run the file at the location I have linked below and allow it to do the job for you. Download that file and double-click on it while you have your SD card plugged in to your computer. It will do the deleting job for you instantaneously. It will not delete any of your other data on the card, only the offending directory will be deleted so that the xpap machine will accept it without a squawk.

http://webpages.charter.net/surferdude/RD_SVI.exe

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently had the same issue. A new SD card from Walmart worked well. Just take the old card and they will help you. To remove the card press it in and release. It will pop out far enough for you to pull it out. Use a thumbnail to press if need.Be sure to notice which side the gold strips are on and put the new card in the same way. Get a card that has the same capacity as the old card or greater. No need for more capacity, it just costs more. The card is installed like it is removed, press in until it pops in place òbserving the orientation of the gold strips. There are numerous stores other than Walmart that sell SD cards and the one you need should be $10 or less.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GrammaBear,
If you should need a new SD card,You can get them just about anywhere.
Good luck to you with getting the SD card problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  GUI Lib Invalid ERROR at Boot-up zaphod351 2 2,251 03-19-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: zaphod351
  Invalid Serial Number on the replacement David Lee 2 2,154 12-13-2021, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zellem
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Invalid Card message fahrni 5 1,122 08-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [Equipment] Invalid SD card acc 11 2,900 05-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Last Post: DBoone37
  invalid date/time. data exists for this period message on Resmed 9 autoset Marl1n 3 2,100 07-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.