Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does machine class as apnoea event? [Ockrockets Thread]
RE: What does machine class as apnoea event? [Ockrockets Thread]
For your health, probably not a good idea to tell your wife that plan. Best wishes to you on this therapy issue.

I'm going to be 51 next month, and I did drive tractor trailers for 11 years but that was over when primary doc said the back didn't like the punishment. I have a Class A license still, but it's not Commercial. I can drive an 18 wheeler, but can't be paid. Had the office job for 2 years, and then health kinda fell off the cliff. I've been disabled/retired since '14 but had to fight to get paid until Jan. this year when I was approved.

Hope you find your chunk of gold. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fortunately, your therapy is pretty good overall, however it is not my constitution to tolerate individuals like your RT who is exploiting a position of power granted by your unfortunate regulatory situation. Once you decide to retire or find your gold nugget, be sure to give him the kick in the arse he so richly deserves.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2020, 07:32 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Fortunately, your therapy is pretty good overall, however it is not my constitution to tolerate individuals like your RT who is exploiting a position of power granted by your unfortunate regulatory situation.  Once you decide to retire or find your gold nugget, be sure to give him the kick in the arse he so richly deserves.

I've had "heated discussions" with him, particularly early on when I was trying to get my driving licence reinstated and he was stuffing around with pedantics when my numbers were good enough to comply.. I set my lawyer on him, all it took was an email followed 15 minutes later by a quick phone call from my lawyer and things suddenly got moving.  Big Grin

Fortunately he is a little less inclined to stuff me around when I raise an idea or query these days, most times he will respond with a higher level of information than just layman terms to me... though he still doesn't know I've been in to the clinician mode and played around trying to improve my numbers.. shhhh.  Nonosign

Last night I slept without CPAP.. 8.75 hours of peaceful bliss, only stirred once to semi awareness to roll over to my other side when the wife got up to go to the toilet - a stark difference to my normal CPAP nights of waking every two hours or so.
I felt more rested this morning than I do most mornings as well.

I obviously still have some way to go with the overall setup of how I use CPAP.

Thank you to you, and the others here who are so willing to help those of us who are still on the path to ideal CPAP settings Sleeprider.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,059 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,196 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,572 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 531 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 231 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.