Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does "settings" mean in Sleepyhead?
RE: What does "settings" mean in Sleepyhead?
(03-21-2015, 04:32 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: @Lance - did you somehow reset factory settings or clear user info on your machine? Sleepyhead might have thought you were missing between Mar 15 and Mar 18, and thinks you swapped machines. Anyway, they look like the same settings to me.

QAL

She was actually sick for a few days and didn't use it at all on the nights of the 16th and 17th, and only a couple of hours on the 18th.

That could do it?
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 04:34 PM)LanceC Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 04:32 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: @Lance - did you somehow reset factory settings or clear user info on your machine? Sleepyhead might have thought you were missing between Mar 15 and Mar 18, and thinks you swapped machines. Anyway, they look like the same settings to me.

QAL

She was actually sick for a few days and didn't use it at all on the nights of the 16th and 17th, and only a couple of hours on the 18th.

That could do it?

Yes Lance,
There was that 2 Day gap showing on sleepyhead, so it just started a new line (dates) under the perscriptions even though there was no other change.
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay then. Thank you very much.

Our main concern was that the AHI went up significantly with many more CA events and we were wondering if it were related. Apparently not.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
You mentioned she has been ill. Currently on any goofy meds? That could create some temporary problems. As far as the machine goes, I don't think anything would have occurred that would account for the increases. I'm not sure about the idea that not using the machine for a couple of days would make it think it had a new prescription though. So something could be amiss. Does she feel the air pressure is as it was previously?

Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed in Change in Prescription Settings, all the changes I have made in my ResMed.

I am wondering if there is any reason some are in red and some are in green in the following screenshot.
[attachment=2869]
Also, I have a working modem in my machine, can my doctor see my settings and OK them or change them?
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. I don't have any idea about the color codes, but it does look like the colors get greener as the AHI numbers go down, and redder as they go up.

edit: but there is one set where the numbers went 1.08, 1.66, 1.31 and the red didn't appear.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bet it is illustrating that the AHI number is good or bad - I didn't even notice that!

If it is something else, someone else will chime in I suppose.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI=3.39 would not be considered bad. Only the coders can answer the question.
I'm thinking red flags incongruent settings.
Like settings that cannot be achieved by the machine due to some limitation.
AlanE probably knows the answer to this one.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2016, 12:04 PM)RichardVT Wrote: I noticed in Change in Prescription Settings, all the changes I have made in my ResMed.

I am wondering if there is any reason some are in red and some are in green in the following screenshot.

Also, I have a working modem in my machine, can my doctor see my settings and OK them or change them?

The areas shaded in green are your best therapy sessions and the areas shaded in red are your worse sessions according to SleepyHead.

If you enable the right sidebar, and go to the bottom and click on Records, it will bring up all of your therapy days.

The dates will correlate with the color coded shaded areas.
Note that the "best" and "worse" is not just AHI stats, but also for
Flow Limitation, Leaks, P.B., etc.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much, I'm glad I asked!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settings from when I used Sleepyhead cathyf 4 723 04-20-2021, 08:06 AM
Last Post: cathyf
  Copy settings and preferences when reinstalling Sleepyhead Otil 1 1,012 09-22-2018, 06:36 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Help understanding SpO2 settings in sleepyhead MyronH 2 1,409 05-16-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Sleepyhead didn't see a settings change mjphyi 3 1,375 05-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepyhead Spo2 settings GordK 2 1,386 04-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: GordK
  SleepyHead Locked Up - or settings? CZOscar 17 2,941 12-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Last Post: CZOscar
  Sleepyhead machine settings report contains errors John9991 3 1,432 05-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Last Post: John9991

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.