Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does this mean?
RE: What does this mean?
(11-23-2013, 07:58 PM)Donna Wrote: No, Zonk, haven't tried Auto Trial. Can I do that with my machine? And what is CPAP check mode? I haven't heard about that yet. Looks like I need to do a little more research.
Your machine "REMstar Pro C-Flex+ Auto IQ", its the feature of the Auto IQ
From Supplier #1 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Smart Technology Modes
The smart technology of Auto-Trial Mode and CPAP-Check Mode offer up to 30 nights of auto adjusting capability. During that period of use the system functions as an Auto CPAP delivering an adaptive pressure on a breath by breath basis. Following the set time of the Auto-Trial mode, the machine functions as a CPAP delivering the pressure that the patient was at or below 90% of the time. The CPAP-Check mode continuously verifies pressure requirements and makes adjustments after every 30 hours of use providing the user with more effective pressure levels over time. An Auto-Trial mode must be a minimum of 3 nights in length and the entire available 30 nights of Auto-Trial do not need to be used continuously. Visit the "Important Tips" tab of this product page to read an example of the Auto-Trial and CPAP-Check modes.

PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an Auto CPAP Machine. It functions as an Auto CPAP during Auto-Trial Mode and switches to CPAP mode during CPAP-Check mode.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if it is possible to engage the auto trial mode more than once. Use it for 30 days then turn it off, then do a "reset" use it for 30 more. Clearly it has the auto algorithm built in, there must be a way to create a do over.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find it sad sad that DMEs dump ancient bricks on unsuspecting new CPAP users. I wish the manufacturers would stop making them and all the Medicare based insurance companies and prescribing Doctors would learn to insist on current data capable machines.

Perhaps there should be a license/education requirement to read forums like this prior to ordering a Pap machine so we could all direct our doctor to provide what we should have a right to.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems like I read here on the board that you have to reset "Auto-IQ" after 30 days if you want it to be in auto-pap mode. That would be a pain to have to do that every 30 days.
But, I could be wrong about this, so just hang in there and someone will know the answer.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a new machine is three years out for me, what I'm finding states upgrade every five years. :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can afford it, you can also buy one out of pocket. Supplier #2 in our Supplier's List (link at top of every page) has gently used and open box machines at decent prices. It never hurts to have a back up machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My back-up isn't 'gently used' and may be dumb, but when I killed mine by knocking off the table while running it was sure nice to have a basic CPAP at a set pressure. Keep your OLD machines~! You just never know when you might need it.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to butt in, does the F&P Icon Auto ahev an auto trial mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
me50, I had also read that bp machines for home use usually register higher than actual numbers. I confirmed this when I took mine with me to my PCP's office and we did comparison readings. My home-use electronic bp cuff's numbers were about 10 points or a little more above the non-electronic readings by an experienced nurse in the doc's office.
I didn't know that my PCP's office is always open to having pts. come in to check their own bp machines against their readings. My PCP is a large group of internal med docs and PAs, and no appt. was needed. "Just bring it in anytime," is what I was told; something that other folks might want to request from their PCP.

David
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.