Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does this tell me Sleepyhead
What does this tell me Sleepyhead
I generally use my AirSense 10 Auto as a simple CPAP with good results at a pressure of 11.2 and no EPR, no ramp, no nothing. My AHO run in the 1-3 range generally. Last night I want to see what the auto setting would do for me, so I set a range of 10 to 17, no epr. here is the sleepyhead plots, and I cannot understand what going on. For some reason the pressure was lowered after about 1 am and did not seem to respond to increasing events. Any thoughts on this pattern?  The leaks are unusual, I generally manage to mostly keep thme low and under control. 

http://imgur.com/Sz1u3WM
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What does this tell me Sleepyhead
Everybody is going to have a bad night. If you have been getting good results, wait a few days and see if it doesn't improve.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I see is your Flow Limit dropped at about 1AM resulting in the drop in pressure.  Consider raising your min 1 cm to 11
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2017, 09:00 AM)bonjour Wrote: What I see is your Flow Limit dropped at about 1AM resulting in the drop in pressure.  Consider raising your min 1 cm to 11

Any thoughts on why the pressure did not auto increase in response to the increasing events? Was that due to the CA events holding the pressure down?
Post Reply Post Reply
I must admit I am intrigued by this too, why didn't the pressure increase ...? Also, if flow limitations are precursors to hypopneas and obstructive apneas, why did the flow limitations decrease, and yet the hypopneas increase? Weird.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2017, 09:14 AM)Timur Wrote: I must admit I am intrigued by this too, why didn't the pressure increase ...? Also, if flow limitations are precursors to hypopneas and obstructive apneas, why did the flow limitations decrease, and yet the hypopneas increase? Weird.

It's possible that your machine isn't set at an optimal pressure to tackle the apnea events.
Upload a screenshot here, and we can take a look.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2017, 10:54 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 09:14 AM)Timur Wrote: I must admit I am intrigued by this too, why didn't the pressure increase ...? Also, if flow limitations are precursors to hypopneas and obstructive apneas, why did the flow limitations decrease, and yet the hypopneas increase? Weird.

It's possible that your machine isn't set at an optimal pressure to tackle the apnea events.
Upload a screenshot, maybe start your own thread, and we can take a look.

[Image: Sz1u3WMl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
TASmart,

I'm a big fan of If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You say you've been doing well on using your AirSense 10 Auto as a simple CPAP with good results at a pressure of 11.2 and no EPR, no ramp, no nothing. You say your AHI generally runs in the 1-3 range.

So by turning on Auto, you basically tried to "fix" a problem that just isn't there.

My advice? Turn Auto off and go back to the way you've been successfully using your AirSense in the past.

Not everybody does better on APAP.  You may be someone who is very sensitive to the variable pressure in AutoSet mode and if the changes in pressure were triggering a lot of spontaneous arousals, it could be that some of your much higher than expected AHI is actually a lot of sleep-wake-junk.

And one night does not a trend make.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Intellectually, I know you are 100% correct Robysue. But I am a tinkerer, and I do tend to have high flow limitations, and somewhat higher than I'd like RERA stuff, so I thought I would take a look see at what I might be able to do with the Auto settings. For reference on my sleep study the AHI was 27, the RDI was 55. I am not clear that the RERA stuff really makes any difference at all though. But you cannot fight your nature too much.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2017, 08:46 AM)TASmart Wrote: I generally use my AirSense 10 Auto as a simple CPAP with good results at a pressure of 11.2 and no EPR, no ramp, no nothing. My AHO run in the 1-3 range generally. Last night I want to see what the auto setting would do for me, so I set a range of 10 to 17, no epr. here is the sleepyhead plots, and I cannot understand what going on. For some reason the pressure was lowered after about 1 am and did not seem to respond to increasing events. Any thoughts on this pattern?  The leaks are unusual, I generally manage to mostly keep thme low and under control. 

http://imgur.com/Sz1u3WM

The pressure stayed low due to the CA events, which is what it should do.

I wouldn't judge this from one night.  If it continues, you may want to switch back to cpap mode.

You may just be one of those folks who respond better using a straight pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.