Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What does your sleeping position tells about you?
This poll is closed.
I sleep sideways
48.28%
14 48.28%
I sleep face-down
17.24%
5 17.24%
I sleep face-up
20.69%
6 20.69%
I sleep in the fetal position
10.34%
3 10.34%
I sleep "tied-up" -- limps crossed, body-twisted . .
3.45%
1 3.45%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What does your sleeping position tells about you?
What does your sleeping position tells about you?
The Olympics just finished and nothing interesting on the telly to watch...While surfing the net I've found this personality test from "Funtestiq": What does sleeping position mean. Don,t take it seriously - just a bit of fun

1- Sleeping Sideways
Those who sleep sideways are calm and peaceful people. They are not overly excitable nor are they particularly sensitive. They are steady, do what they are expected, and get the most they can out of life, but they do not drive themselves cazy while attempting to "get ahead."

2- Sleeping Face-down
People who sleep face-down are serious and stubborn. They hold strong beliefs and try to have everything done precisely the way they want them. They are tense and focused, and they do not give ground easily.

3- Sleeping Face-up
Those who sleep face-up are confident and optimistic. Concerns and worries that wear others down have little effect on these people. Their attitude is "lucky go happy," and they are not particularly keen on planning or scheming. Occasionally such an attitude render them to unpleasant surprises and setbacks.

4- Sleeping in the Fetal-Position
Those who sleep in the fetal position are trusting, natural, and communal. They tend to look at the world in rosy colors, and treat people kindly. They do not want to see and think about the darker side of life, and all they long for security, intimacy, and joy.

5- Sleeping "Tied-up"
Those who sleep all tied-up are experiencing stress. They are under constant pressure, either to survive crises or to move forward. It is strenuous struggle, and they often feel that they are falling short. The tension will either wear people down or convince them of the uselessness of anxiety and introduce a new beginning.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What does your sleeping position tells about you?
I used to sleep on my back, but when I found out in the sleep lab that I slept mostly on my back and had sleep apnea, I switched to my side, hoping that would help along with my APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
i sleep sideways as much as i can but have been sleeping on my back a lot more as i try to help my mask stay in place,I have noticed it will leak more on my side sometimes.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol.
I am mostly a side sleeper, but many mornings, wake in the "recovery position" - basicly on my front but propped up by my arm and knee - so neither front nor side.

I wonder what THATS all about.... Tensely calm excitable relaxed control freak?
<grins>
Post Reply Post Reply
Until I had back surgery, I slept mostly face down...then I spent the next 5+ years sleeping on my back...it hurt to even sleep on my side. Over the last 6 months I have finally transitioned back to my side and usually curled up.

Liz
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI is always worse when I sleep on my back, so I try to sleep on my side.

Kadenz
Post Reply Post Reply
I think :my sleeping position" fell asleep and didn;t tell me anything...

Its those voices in the night that worry me... Dielaughing
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I fall asleep on my side, but don't know what position I am during the night. I always thought I stayed on my side because I knew before the sleep study that the snoring on my back woke me up. But the sleep study showed that I slept on my back most of the night.

So my question is: how does one really know the position they sleep in, unless someone is filming you?????
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2012, 10:13 AM)eaglett1111 Wrote: So my question is: how does one really know the position they sleep in, unless someone is filming you?????

I knew because of my initial sleep study back in 2002 that I slept on my back...they told me.

I also knew I slept on my back for several years as side or back sleeping hurt too bad while my back healed.

My last sleep study about a month ago...they told me I slept on my side, had the worst time keeping me on my back by then. Smile

So while no one was filming, I was being monitored. Smile

Liz

Post Reply Post Reply
So I guess then that since I slept on my back (according to my monitor during the sleep study), that even though I go to sleep on my side and seem to recall sleeping on my side when I wake up, I still sleep on my back...... so I'm confident and optimistic and there is absolutely no reason I should be taking stress meds!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 206 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 400 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.