Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] What is this breathing/mask/machine problem?
What is this breathing/mask/machine problem?
Been having brutal insomnia, haven't slept for more than 2h consecutively in months now, and now I've been having super-rapid breathing across multiple masks and machines- CPAP Nasal pillows set on 10-20 is too old to have a data card, but the AHI is fine (3ish), except I feel like I was breathing rapidly and kept waking up with heart pounding (no known reason, not a normal thing).  My regular BiPAP is showing median respiration rates well north of 20, which is crazy high, and breathing patterns like the attached, and also some waking up with rapid heartbeat.  This is with 2 different full face masks.  WTF? Ideas? Help?  If I set the min pressure much below this, it feels like I'm trying to breathe through a narrow straw and trying to fall asleep like that is hopeless.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is this breathing/mask/machine problem?
What info to post from OSCAR when asking for help:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

I understand you are having major issues.  I have no idea why the flow looks like that or what it means.

I am collecting data/info so hopefully some one can help you.

Are you having medical issues that is making your breathing worse.

If I understand correctly, you switched from Respironics System One (what is in your info) to a bilevel machine which you are having the problems with?

What were your old setting,  what settings are on the new machine. When you display OSCAR according to the like the new machine settings will be there

Was the Respironics System One a bilevel as well?

Did the pressure need to be changed for the new machine.  If not  were the old pressure levels entered into the new machine.

Was the Respironics System One a bilevel as well?

Do you know your old settings?

---
I have no idea what type of data the Respironics System One with smartcard collected.  The autoset one with an SD card collects a lot.
Does the Respironics System One have power to, so you can read 95% range  if needed.
The old Respironics System One, did it have a credit card type data card?
Do you have the Innfineer reader? If yes you can get to your old data.  If needed may get a week worth data from a DME.

---

When I borrowed a machine, I also was try to suck in air.  My old REMStar Auto M Series minimum was 8 and never had an issue with a my universal hybrid mask. The borrowed machine was set to 6.

This machine had a mask setting, when I selected it the min. jumped to 7.

The breathing pattern of the Aflex was so off, I turned it  off to get some sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2022, 08:39 AM)KeepSmiling Wrote: What info to post from OSCAR when asking for help:

OSCAR screenshots seem to be broken- they only show the profile screen for some reason.  Everything here is from 
Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
PAP Mode: Auto Bi-Level (Variable PS)
Min EPAP 13.0 Max IPAP 22.0 PS 5.0-5.0 (cmH2O)

Quote:Are you having medical issues that is making your breathing worse.

Only issues are controlled diabetes (A1C 5.x on metformin + eating healthy) and BP (enalapril 10mg has it under 120/80).  No history of lung or heart issues, and neither of the above were particularly bad for  

Quote:If I understand correctly, you switched from Respironics System One (what is in your info) to a bilevel machine which you are having the problems with?

I've had the BiPAP for a few years without the insomnia issue (or flows that look like that).  I have an old Remstar CPAP that I also tried again for a few nights (10-20 auto, aflex 3), didn't help anything.  I have no way to get any detailed data from the CPAP.

Quote:Does the Respironics System One have power to, so you can read 95% range  if needed.

Yes, I have a couple of years of data from it.

Quote:This machine had a mask setting, when I selected it the min. jumped to 7.

The breathing pattern of the Aflex was so off, I turned it  off to get some sleep.

I don't see any kind of mask setting.  The only other numerical setting I see is the tubing size (22) which is correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
peterporker

Have you gotten any answers yet?

https://sites.google.com/view/palatal-prolapse

I came across this. I thought of you but it took time to find this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,087 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 511 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,464 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.