Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What factors to be concerned about with resmed aircurve 10
What factors to be concerned about with resmed aircurve 10
I have been using the resmed aircurve 10, vauto now since Jan 2, 2016. I reviewed my results today and was not too impressed. The results provides various information including:

respiratory rate
minute ventilation
Tida volume
I:E ratio
IPAP
EPAP

Should I be concerned about any of the above-noted values and if so which ones???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What factors to be concerned about with resmed aircurve 10
The data we usually review in Sleepyhead is mainly events, flow, pressure, snores, flow limitation and machine settings. This link shows how to organize your daily detailed data to get the most out of it. You're welcome to submit a screenshot as shown in the tutorial, and some of us may be able to help you make more sense of it. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2156]
(02-15-2016, 01:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The data we usually review in Sleepyhead is mainly events, flow, pressure, snores, flow limitation and machine settings. This link shows how to organize your daily detailed data to get the most out of it. You're welcome to submit a screenshot as shown in the tutorial, and some of us may be able to help you make more sense of it. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

please see attached shots, are they large enough

[attachment=2157]

[attachment=2158]

[attachment=2161]
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2160]
(02-16-2016, 10:36 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 01:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The data we usually review in Sleepyhead is mainly events, flow, pressure, snores, flow limitation and machine settings. This link shows how to organize your daily detailed data to get the most out of it. You're welcome to submit a screenshot as shown in the tutorial, and some of us may be able to help you make more sense of it. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

please see attached shots, are they large enough

Post Reply Post Reply
Those look great! Well done. Your problem with CA is far greater than your OA at this point. Have you ever tried capping the max pressure at 11.0? It might result in some trade-off, but better to lose some of that CA. In fact it might be worth trying max 10.5 and turn down the EPR a bit to 2.0 so as not to lose too much obstructive therapy. Many complex patients do well with a bilevel pressure support of 2.0 and lower pressures overall, then letting the servo deal with the residual CA and H. In your case, there will still be some centrals, but lower pressures may minimize them, and not dropping your EPAP so far could help prevent OA. Do you follow my logic?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 11:11 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Those look great! Well done. Your problem with CA is far greater than your OA at this point. Have you ever tried capping the max pressure at 11.0? It might result in some trade-off, but better to lose some of that CA. In fact it might be worth trying max 10.5 and turn down the EPR a bit to 2.0 so as not to lose too much obstructive therapy. Many complex patients do well with a bilevel pressure support of 2.0 and lower pressures overall, then letting the servo deal with the residual CA and H. In your case, there will still be some centrals, but lower pressures may minimize them, and not dropping your EPAP so far could help prevent OA. Do you follow my logic?

sleeprider, are we looking at the same graphs as I dont see it as great. I am using a resmed aircurve 10 vauto, where is the EPR setting?? when you say capping the max pressure do you mean the IPAP max pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 11:48 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote: sleeprider, are we looking at the same graphs as I dont see it as great. I am using a resmed aircurve 10 vauto, where is the EPR setting?? when you say capping the max pressure do you mean the IPAP max pressure.

Aircurve 10 vauto doesn't have a EPR setting which is available for Airsense 10. EPR or exhaust pressure relief can only be adjusted to a narrow range VS a much wider range on a bilevel machine like Aircurve 10 Vauto.

Aircurve 10 Vauto detects both obstructive and central sleep apnea. CSA is detected by forced oscillation technique. which adds 1 cm pressure @4hz when an apnea is detected, then results are interpolated to measure airway patency.

Post Reply Post Reply
attachments are gone, so I'm not sure exactly what I was responding to. It seems CA was greater than OA in the attachments, and a suggestion was made to lower the pressure support. I should not have used the terms EPR or maximum PS in discussing an Aircurve 10 Vauto...sorry.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,244 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.