Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What first-time questions do I ask the doc?
RE: What first-time questions do I ask the doc?
Well, good morning. Thank you for your kind words of welcome and sage advice. Bonjour, thank you so much. Having a beard I was intimidated, and the selection of machines was like selecting your first car. I appreciate your wisdom and experience to ease my journey.

My sleep study showed an RDI of 36.7.
Hypopnea index 33.2
Apneas 19
Unclassified 6
Obstructive 10
Central 3

---------------------
Last evening I picked up my Resmed Airsense 10 with Autoset and a Phillips DreamMapper mask. We agreed to try the minimum to full mask approach before I did any beard trimming. I was shown the basics of operating the equipment and how to wear the mask, and did my first 6 hours of sleep.

Thanks to you wonderful folks I downloaded the Sleepyhead application, which this morning showed me an AHI of 3.34 and a mask leak rate of 16 percent. I am a side sleeper, so have to figure out a good head/face position that does not move the mask in my sleep. Pressure setting is on 5-20, and my overnight average was about 7.6. I still have to figure out what "normal" feels like, but I am on the first step of my journey.

Thank you for this board. You've been holding my hand the whole way, and I appreciate you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Isn't DreamMapper their smartphone app?

DreamWear is a mask.  If that's the one you have, nasal pillows, that's a reasonable place to start.  They generally give a little extra leeway on sidesleeping because they can maintain a little better seal when being moved around.

One of the things that will happen is that you'll end up messing with strap tension and placement for a while.  First it will be too loose, then too tight, then too high or low.  Eventually, you'll get it figured out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the Dreamwear nasal mask.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,453 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.