Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What grinds your gears? AKA what pet peeve have you?
(10-27-2017, 06:42 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: My pet peeve is when non-mechanical people come into an auto-parts store and ask for "Part 710 for my car".

The clerk spends 15 minutes asking the year, make model, engine size, etc. etc, and looks all throughout his computer, all his books and still can't find "Part 710" for the customer's car.

Finally, exasperated, he asks the customer to draw a picture of the part....

This is what she draws: (scroll down)....

[Image: 1452651_1.jpg]

"There", she says, "that's what the "part 710" looks like on my car"...

Oh-jeez
Good one boss.

Reminds me of a girl that went to pick up her boyfriend's truck after it was repaired. She went in and asked for the FISO that was ready. The puzzled clerk didn't know what she meant by FISO. This was at a Ford dealer BTW. She was looking for an F150.

Laugh-a-lot
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Being asked my sexual orientation when attending a hospital.

Being asked for proof of identity for all sorts of things ever since 1000's of illegals have entered my country, and not being able to get rid of them.

Asked to prove my identity and the source when I want to give the bank some of my money, when we know full well the rogues and thieves can move money around and open dodgy accounts at will.

The European Union.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sexual orientation is East and West. Of course North and South works also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Drivers who don't stop at stop signs, pull out in front of you when there is NO ONE behind you for a mile and don't step on the gas forcing me to jam down on the brake. Then flip me the bird like I did something wrong. Then jam on their brakes when I flip them back.

People who add a 'T' or 'ED' to 'across' - I don't know why but this one just grates my cheese.

I mean, starting your conversation with "I mean" when you haven't said anything that requires more detail.

People who toss lit cigarettes out their windows.

Subwoofers I can hear a mile away - when my doors/windows are shut, H-VAC Big Grinnie is running and TV is on.

People who take credit for your ideas and accomplishments and get all the accolades, promotions and salary raises. Way to kill innovation.

Managers who make bad decisions that get many people fired/laid off yet they continue to have employment and are often praised for "cutting costs."

My "lawn."

I could go further but I would get this thread locked. Eat-popcorn

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Since I frequent a number of forums and Facebook daily, my gears are constantly ground by lazy posters who do not distinguish between: "there/they're, and their;  your/you're;  its/it's;  too/to, and two;  than/then; and so forth.

I regularly see some of these mixed in the same statement, sometimes correctly, then incorrectly later on.
All I can do is shake my head and move on.  Rolleyes
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Political Correctness!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2017, 11:25 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Political Correctness!

Thanks C N, you get my  Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee vote for this!

Any remember when PC "Only" meant a computer? I'll never become PC, NEVER! I won't be mean, etc. but absolutely no PC from me.

Thanks to all so far, intriguing to see what bugs others.

AlanE, great list of peeves. I'll Ditto the stop sign slow poke thing (even though I don't participate in their sign language, they mostly let me know I'm number 1)

Personally, I'd prefer an IQ test to get driver license, but I'm not ever volunteering to transport the ones that don't pass from low IQ either.

Dave
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
Another pet peeve of mine... as mentioned in this thread (quoted below):

(05-13-2015, 02:27 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Increasingly, I'm hearing (mostly the younger generation) using the word "So" when they start off a sentence.  Especially when replying to a question.

For instance, someone asks them a question like, "What do you want to accomplish in life?"  They answer, "So, I'm interested in becoming a nurse."

Or when asked, "Can you tell me how much money you intend to raise?"  They answer, "So, we really need to raise $1500 by Friday".

What's up with this use of the word "So" to start off a sentence?  This word usage seems to have started within the past couple of years, as far as I can tell-- and it's increasing dramatically.

Dont-know
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2017, 12:00 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Another pet peeve of mine... as mentioned in this thread (quoted below):

(05-13-2015, 02:27 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Increasingly, I'm hearing (mostly the younger generation) using the word "So" when they start off a sentence.  Especially when replying to a question.

Dont-know

I couldn't agree more SuperSleeper. This "epidemic" has become so annoying. 
It likens to the previous "epidemic" of using the term "literally" after almost any statement.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(10-28-2017, 12:00 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Another pet peeve of mine... as mentioned in this thread (quoted below):

For instance, someone asks them a question like, "What do you want to accomplish in life?"  They answer, "So, I'm interested in becoming a nurse."

Or when asked, "Can you tell me how much money you intend to raise?"  They answer, "So, we really need to raise $1500 by Friday".

What's up with this use of the word "So" to start off a sentence?  This word usage seems to have started within the past couple of years, as far as I can tell-- and it's increasing dramatically.

Dont-know

Ahhh! The tread that never dies!
Post Reply Post Reply