Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What grinds your gears? AKA what pet peeve have you?
So, that is irritating.

Coffee
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
SO in my day it was "For sure" and You Know".
Post Reply Post Reply
Wasn't that called "ValSpeak" or something like that? A 1982 song from Frank Zappa & 14 year old daughter Moon Unit; "Valley Girl" inspired by same valspeak...I'm old as in I was 13 when this song was released

Dave  Coffee
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Post Reply Post Reply
Looked it up and it was 1982. I already had done my first enlistment. Guess it wasn't my time.   Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Spending 35 minutes on 'live-chat' waiting for the broadband "representative" to look up your account information because you've called regarding a phone outage. Then he has the 'nerve' to ask: "So, your phone is not working, can you use it anyway"? grrrrrrrrr......................
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(10-28-2017, 03:03 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: Spending 35 minutes on 'live-chat' waiting for the broadband "representative" to look up your account information because you've called regarding a phone outage.  Then he has the 'nerve' to ask:  "So, your phone is not working, can you use it anyway"?  grrrrrrrrr......................

I couldn't have gotten away with that lame excuse answer at the most recent job. It never would have passed our Quality call screening. Was in tech support for a credit card processing Corp. So now I can proudly say I'm expert in password resets.
Dave

Wiki Info for Beginners
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2017, 03:13 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 03:03 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: Spending 35 minutes on 'live-chat' waiting for the broadband "representative" to look up your account information because you've called regarding a phone outage.  Then he has the 'nerve' to ask:  "So, your phone is not working, can you use it anyway"?  grrrrrrrrr......................

I couldn't have gotten away with that lame excuse answer at the most recent job. It never would have passed our Quality call screening. Was in tech support for a credit card processing Corp. So now I can proudly say I'm expert in password resets.

Dave ~ I think I understand what you're saying, however the broadband company has us over a barrel or so the saying goes.  They can simply shut off our service and we have no option but to wait until they decide to restore it.  I just hope in the meantime that my cell phone doesn't quit working because that really is the only phone I have now. 

Did not mean to make my post into a rant but I really am annoyed.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you are on the phone with tech support and they escalate your call and explain everything they have already done to the new agent. AND then the new agent goes through all the steps you already took a second time. 

Incompetent people who know they are and don't take any steps to improve themselves or remedy the situation.

And the list goes on....
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2017, 01:26 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Looked it up and it was 1982. I already had done my first enlistment. Guess it wasn't my time.   Dont-know

BTW I'm gonna guess you're about 10 years older than my 48. I enlisted in National Guard at 16, during my 11th grade of HS. Even then had bad back; 10 months in Guard revealed it and was given medical discharge.

Dave B
Dave

Wiki Info for Beginners
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(10-28-2017, 05:40 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: When you are on the phone with tech support and they escalate your call and explain everything they have already done to the new agent. AND then the new agent goes through all the steps you already took a second time. 

Incompetent people who know they are and don't take any steps to improve themselves or remedy the situation.

And the list goes on....

No disrespect meant whatsoever, but you sound like you could write a book on this subject as could I.
Post Reply Post Reply