Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What happened here?
What happened here?
I have an odd sleep cycle. I usually go to bed around 1 AM, get woken up by my cats who want to be fed around 6 or 7 AM and then go back to bed for a few hours around 9 AM. The first image is what I usually get from Oscar (53019). Two recordings of sleep data with a break inbetween. Today it only shows the second sleep period(53119). MyAir got both. Any idea of why?

I didn't remove the SD card between my two sleep periods but when I do remove it, put it back in and turn the machine back on it always tells me it's preparing the card. Does it erase the data every day? Or only when the card is removed?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What happened here?
As long as the card was in the machine, the data should have been recorded there.  If it is not showing up in OSCAR, there are many possibilities: error in the machine, card not firmly seated in the machine, error on the SD card, an error in OSCAR, and probably lots of other things.

To see if an error is in OSCAR, I would need to see a copy of your SD card.  I'll send you a PM about how to send it to me if you would like.

A possible workaround is to use Data/Advanced/Purge Current Selected day to eliminate the 6/1 data and then import from the SD card again.  Sometimes a second try like that will work.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please do send me a zip copy of your SD card.  I'd like to investigate and resolve this problem (you are not the only person who has reported missing sessions on ResMed machines, though it is not common).

I notice that it looks like you might have slept past noon.  ResMed machines break the session just at noon and consider everything after that to be the next day.  OSCAR tries to classify sessions the same way.  This can get confusing!
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
>I notice that it looks like you might have slept past noon. 

Actually my machine was an hour ahead if that matters. I've gone in and set it to the correct time just now.

I'll send you a copy of the SC card.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card image you sent me had data only for "5/31" (which runs from noon on 5/31 until noon on 6/1).  The "6/1" directory is empty, as I would expect it to be for your sleep cycles.

I'm puzzled about why OSCAR generated a daily page for 6/1 since you would not yet have recorded any data for the 14-hour period beginning noon of 6/1.  I will investigate this further.

Please confirm what kind of machine you have.  Your profile says "sleepstyle 200" but OSCAR says "Airsense 10 Autoset".  Exactly which machine do you have?

The "Preparing" message is normal and (usually) doesn't reflect an Airsense 10 Autoset doing anything destructive to the card.

I did not see any DATALOG files on your card for dates prior to 5/31.  Did you remove them before zipping the card?  If not, we have a mystery of where that data went.

When you put the SD card in your computer, are you sliding the "lock" switch on the card to lock the card?  If so, are you remembering to set it to "unlocked" before putting it back in the machine?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2019, 11:35 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Please confirm what kind of machine you have.  Your profile says "sleepstyle 200" but OSCAR says "Airsense 10 Autoset".  Exactly which machine do you have?

I did not see any DATALOG files on your card for dates prior to 5/31.  Did you remove them before zipping the card?  If not, we have a mystery of where that data went.

When you put the SD card in your computer, are you sliding the "lock" switch on the card to lock the card?  If so, are you remembering to set it to "unlocked" before putting it back in the machine?

Ah, I used to have a sleep style 200. I bought a Resmed Airsense 10 autoset a few weeks ago. I actually lucked into a never used machine for really cheap.

This is the first time I've opened the SD card. I usually just put it in my computer, have Oscar read it and then put it right back in my Airsense. I've not touched any of the data on the card. All I did was select everything and then compress it. I'm a mac user if that makes any difference.

The card is not locked and I haven't touched it since I started using it in my Airsense. It's been unlocked the whole time I've been using it in my airsense. HOWEVER, I have been turning the Airsense off before I take out the card and only turning it back on after the card had been returned to the slot. I took the card out once without turning it off and it corrupted the card. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whatever the hick up was it was a temporary thing. I didn't get to check my SD card on the 1st. When I popped it in just now last night and the night before were there. There is the weird reading for just a few minutes in this chart. But that's probably my fault. Maybe I turned it on for a minute or something...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Recording anomalies aside, would you like to resolve those clusters of OA and H events and reduce the flow limitations? Try EPR at 3, and consider using a soft cervical collar or wedge to prevent chin-tucking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2019, 02:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Recording anomalies aside, would you like to resolve those clusters of OA and H events and reduce the flow limitations?   Try EPR at 3, and consider using a soft cervical collar or wedge to prevent chin-tucking.

Of course I would! I turned EPR off because I found it really uncomfortable. The pressure would pulse on and off very hard. It was sorta like being punched in the face. And I looked in the regular menu and the clinical menu of the Airsense and could only find off and on for EPR. 

I’ll look into a soft cervical collar though.
Post Reply Post Reply
i think you were feeling the FOT pulses that determine whether apnea is obstructive or central. Some individuals are sensitive to these pulses. EPR does make larger pressure transitions between inhale and exhale, but it follows your breathing, so you should not perceive it as a disruptive pulse, but everyone has their own tolerance. The thing is, you have significant flow limits and it appears you would benefit from the pressure support of EPR. It may be you won't tolerate it, but most people find it more comfortable and it can significantly reduce the flow limits from upper airway restriction. I suspect that much of your apnea comes from the misalignment of your neck (cervical spine) and leads to clusters of obstructive apnea, hypopnea and flow limitation. It's a choice for you, which is more disruptive, but when your pressure goes to 20, that's not usually a great feeling.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i think you were feeling the FOT pulses that determine whether apnea is obstructive or central.

The pulses seemed to react to my breathing and they went away when I turned the EPR off. 

The thing is, you have significant flow limits and it appears you would benefit from the pressure support of EPR. 

I guess I can give it another try. I would like to get as much out of this as I can. The airsense has made a big difference but I do still have some tiredness and lack of energy. And my AHI has only gone below 5 once. I think 6 and 7 are the average. 

I suspect that much of your apnea comes from the misalignment of your neck (cervical spine) and leads to clusters of obstructive apnea, hypopnea and flow limitation. 

That sounds pretty on the mark actually. I do have some weird neck issues. I don’t have health insurance so I haven’t been able to go to a DR about it. In the past if I tried to sleep sitting up when my head fell to my chest I had a choking feeling. 

It's a choice for you, which is more disruptive, but when your pressure goes to 20, that's not usually a great feeling.

Oddly enough I don’t get woken by the high pressure. I usually sleep right through it. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what happened to the quality? jwest 2 525 09-05-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: jwest
  Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data? jtardo 4 665 06-26-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: jtardo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.