Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What happened here?
RE: What happened here?
The soft cervical collars are very inexpensive, the trick is finding a comfortable supportive fit. Just tall enough to support the jaw, with a closure that allows enough room to fit 3-4 fingers into the collar and not choking feeling. It can keep your chin from tucking to the chest and that can be the source of obstruction and flow limitation. The Optimizing Therapy link in my signature has a good discussion of positional apnea and shows some charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turned on the EPR last night and to test it I put on the mask, turned on the machine for a minute and then shut it off.. It recorded that to the SD card but not any of the 4 to 5 hours after. It did get my second sleep period though. I guess the key is to be careful of turning it on for short periods? MyAir did get the 4.5 hours. The 9 AM to 12 PM hasn't shown up yet. It usually takes a bit for it to register though. Weird that the data it reports to resmed is better than what it puts on the SD card... Or is it :-)

As a side note I didn't get the hard pulsing that I initially had issues with in the EPR.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2019, 02:04 PM)Haroldsdrifting Wrote: I turned on the EPR last night and to test it I put on the mask, turned on the machine for a minute and then shut it off.. It recorded that to the SD card but not any of the 4 to 5 hours after. It did get my second sleep period though. I guess the key is to be careful of turning it on for short periods? MyAir did get the 4.5 hours. The 9 AM to 12 PM hasn't shown up yet. It usually takes a bit for it to register though. Weird that the data it reports to resmed is better than what it puts on the SD card... Or is it :-)

It's not certain that the problem is what your machine puts on the SD card.  It might also be the interpretation of what is on the SD card.

In the sequence of events you describe, did you remove the card from the machine at any time between testing EPR and this morning?

It may not be relevant, but after you upload any data for a "date" (noon to noon), OSCAR (and SH before it) will not import any more data in a later upload attempt as it thinks it already has the information for that date.  If this is the problem, purge the date (Data/Advanced/Purge Selected Dates) and then import the day again.

Did you ever resolve the question of why data was disappearing from your SD card?  If you look at your SD card in the DATALOG directory, there should be a folder named with the date, and there should be one folder there for each date since the card was last formatted.  For example, looking at an SD card currently on my computer, there are 130 folders inside DATALOG, with folder names (i.e., dates) ranging from 20180811 through 20190603.  If you don't have a wide range of dates, then your SD card is probably somehow being erased.

You're not formatting the SD card on your computer, are you?  You should not do that.

Take a look at your SD card in the computer and note the DATALOG entries present.  Next put the card in your CPAP machine.  Wait a few minutes without starting a session.  Take the card out again and see if it still has the same DATALOG entries.

If that sequence is causing DATALOG entries to be removed, I'd first try a different SD card.  Maybe there is something slightly off about your SD card.  If a different card doesn't solve the problem, I'd wonder about your CPAP machine.

If your SD card DATALOG folder does contain an appropriate range of dates, you are welcome to zip the contents of the card and upload them to the link I gave you before and I will take a look at it.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll have a look at the data card after dinner. However myair updated and it doesn’t show 7 hours of sleep. Now it only shows 15 minutes! So somehow it erased the previous 4 hours and... there was no 15 minute sleep period. There was less than a minute when I tested the epr setting, there was the 4.5 hours of sleep last night and then 3 something hours of sleep after I fed my cats. I’m so glad I don’t have to worry about compliance because this would screw me good.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I just realized wht's probably happening. I thought the card was 32 gigs. It's 32 MB. It's probably deleting things because there isn't enough space... I do have a regular SD card that I can use but I won't be able to read it until I get the reader...

I see that Resmed recommends using only their SD cards in the machine. Is there really any difference in their cards or is it just a ruse to sell their over priced cards?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's just marketing on ResMed's part. Any good SD card should work fine.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what happened to the quality? jwest 2 514 09-05-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: jwest
  Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data? jtardo 4 662 06-26-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: jtardo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.