Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What happened last night?
RE: What happened last night?
(08-20-2015, 09:33 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Looks quite good. Keep on truckin'.

Sleep-on-pillow Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to be slipping back to my old habits. After the first night with the nasal pillows I haven't had a night where I've kept the mask on all night.

2nd night I took it off at 12:30 AM and put it back on at 3:45 AM
3rd and 4th nights took it off at 2:30 AM and put it back on at 3:45 AM
5th night was better, kept it on until 4:45 AM and put it back on at 5:30 AM

Last night I bumped the minimum pressure up to 9.5 because I felt like I wasn't getting enough air the previous nights. But not only did I take the mask off at about 2 AM but also turned the machine off.

One thing I've noticed - and it was easier to see last night due to the short amount of time - is that the pressure goes up and down on a semi-regular basis. Is this ok?

[Image: VzINagC.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2015, 03:27 PM)ISnoreBadly Wrote: I seem to be slipping back to my old habits. After the first night with the nasal pillows I haven't had a night where I've kept the mask on all night.

Last night I bumped the minimum pressure up to 9.5 because I felt like I wasn't getting enough air the previous nights. But not only did I take the mask off at about 2 AM but also turned the machine off.

One thing I've noticed - and it was easier to see last night due to the short amount of time - is that the pressure goes up and down on a semi-regular basis. Is this ok?

Thats ok, philips doing this pressure pulses to check if the treatment is ok. But your equipment isnt ok, i think you have philips 560, not 460.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2015, 03:27 PM)ISnoreBadly Wrote: I seem to be slipping back to my old habits. After the first night with the nasal pillows I haven't had a night where I've kept the mask on all night.

Don't worry about these pressure ticks. This is PR's hunt-n-peck algorithm. It raises pressure by 1.5cm over multiple minutes, to evaluate if there is any benefit to breathing waveform. If it thinks there isn't any benefit, it ramps it back down by 1.5cm.

This is different from pressure pulses used to evaluate clear airway apnea, which occur within a period of less than a second.

If your pressure waveform only has these ticks and no real rise in pressure, then you can safely transition to straight pressure.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2015, 03:56 PM)Lazer1234 Wrote: Thats ok, philips doing this pressure pulses to check if the treatment is ok. But your equipment isnt ok, i think you have philips 560, not 460.

No, I definitely have the 460. I have it in APAP mode to see how I do with it instead of straight CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2015, 04:09 PM)AshSF Wrote: If your pressure waveform only has these ticks and no real rise in pressure, then you can safely transition to straight pressure. [/align]

I started out with straight pressure and found that I sleep better with the variable pressure. There are times when the pressure goes higher but other times there are just those spikes.

For example here's the pressure from 2 nights ago:

[Image: wEMfziv.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2015, 08:46 PM)ISnoreBadly Wrote:
(08-25-2015, 03:56 PM)Lazer1234 Wrote: Thats ok, philips doing this pressure pulses to check if the treatment is ok. But your equipment isnt ok, i think you have philips 560, not 460.

No, I definitely have the 460. I have it in APAP mode to see how I do with it instead of straight CPAP.

Ok, you have it in Auto-trial mode. Up to 30 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2015, 03:20 PM)Lazer1234 Wrote:
(08-25-2015, 08:46 PM)ISnoreBadly Wrote:

Ok, you have it in Auto-trial mode. Up to 30 days.

Right. I mentioned to my doctor that I had tried the APAP mode and thought that I was sleeping better with it, he suggested giving it a try for a few weeks and if I really did do better he'd change my prescription from a CPAP to an APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good on your doc!!!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2015, 05:11 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Good on your doc!!!

Right!

Last night my nose was all stuffed up (from allergies or a cold I'm not sure) so I used the FFM instead of the nasal pillows. Halfway through the night I woke up and realized the mask wasn't on, I found it on the floor in pieces... the hose was disconnected and the face mask was disconnected from the frame, I found it under the bed. It must have really annoyed me during the night. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  What happened? highlandwarlord 10 858 06-29-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: highlandwarlord
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What happened to me here? CA's back to back livsmonster 0 357 04-24-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: livsmonster
  What Happened at 3 a.m.? dhamments 9 927 08-29-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: dhamments
  first night taped. what happened? rogerncormier74 5 765 04-13-2022, 07:13 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Symptoms] What happened between 04:40 - 05:00 ? edgnoj 10 1,298 01-20-2022, 05:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.