Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What happens to Medicare if DME supplier discovers you've changed settings yourself?
RE: What happens to Medicare if DME supplier discovers you've changed settings yourself?
I don't give a darn what my sleep doctor, or the DME think about my XPAP adjustments. I have no problem with the Medicare regulations. The Dr and DME have proved their incomptance with respect to meeting the Medicare requirements and putting my therapy in place so I don't apply any weight to their opinions of my settings. I would be astounded if they even took the time to check the settings! Medicare does not care about our settings they just want to control fraud by minimizing the purchase of equipment that isn't actually going to be used or is planned for resale.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What happens to Medicare if DME supplier discovers you've changed settings yourself?
Hmmm, let me thing: "Hello Mr. Medicare? This is Mrs. DME calling. I want, nay demand you stop paying us immediately for Retired_Guys stuff. I just found out he turned off his ramp setting! So quit sending us those reimbursement checks. Yeah, that'll show him."

Post Reply Post Reply
My DME doesn't care. They just care if I'm compliant so they'll get paid. The modem may send additional data to Respironics, but my DME only paid to get the same data that MyAir provides--Hours, AHI, mask on/off, etc--at least, that's what the DME told me when they provided me the machine. So, if that's true they're not getting anything that tells them what the settings are.

Post Reply Post Reply
As an update from a "now experienced" APAP user Smile ... From a couple of discussions with "techs" at my DME, once I passed the 90 day verification and Medicare was happy they don't care what I do since they aren't looking. Actually one of them told me I could throw away the modem if I wanted to but they don't have the original cover for that slot. In fact I use the modem every day to "report in" to PR since I have their DreamMapper program on my iPhone. PR has just recently made changes to this software and it's much more informative for a quick look each day. Nothing as good as SleepyHead but nice for a quick look.

So in conclusion, once you pass the 90 days get yourself a manual and help yourself. Use self control and do things slowly.

IMHO & happy dreams!
Post Reply Post Reply
My doc ^5 me the other day for taking an active role in my therapy. She could care less that I changed everything she prescribed. I guess as long as it works, why should she care. Doing well enough that I don't need to see her for another year.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 331 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 170 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 156 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 872 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 252 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 359 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.