Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What has changed?
What has changed?
I clearly remember my very first CPAP experiences 24 years ago. I was given a Puritan Bennet 318 set at 8cm and I started with nasal pillows. I was impressed at how my lungs inflated each time I inhaled. I do not remember any resistance or discomfort exhaling, and I do not recall when I stopped noticing the effect. I was finally sleeping so maybe I didn’t care. 

Today, 24 years later, my AirSense 10, running at 13cm - 17cm often leaves me feeling like I need more. I have recently turned off ERP and reverted to standard CPAP. Still no sense of lung inflation or exhale resistance, but I slept better last night. A bit of stress in my life but nothing outrageous, just busy. I have always been able to recharge with a 20-30 minute power nap. With the busyness I haven’t had any naps for several days.
I am a bit heavier than 24 years ago, not as active. 
Do your lungs just get lazy from years of PAP?

Don
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What has changed?
Please see the OSCAR links in my signature. So you can post your data.

If you have put on weight you most likely need you pressure changed.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
And adding 24 years to your life means likely you need more PAP pressure. You're 24 years older and this just happens. But it has nothing to do some supposed lung laziness.

OK sure, I could be wrong. Your lungs are holding signs "Will work for air".
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will be interesting to see your data. I share your feeling of needing "more", and for me it it the pressure support from bilevel therapy of the Aircurve 10 Vauto that delivers. If we can look at your data, it's possible we can improve the feel of your current machine, but bilevel is an incredible improvement. Links in my signature for organizing and posting charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As noted, my initial pressure was 8. My last titration in 2010 suggested Auto 13-17cm. From 2013 to early 2021 I dabbled in the dark art of MAD. I had a Level 1 in 2015 and home sleep study in 2020 which suggested I was doing just fine. I felt my world coming apart progressively for about 1 year preceding March '21. I passed out watching TV one night, broke a tooth, cut my lip. An hour later I was back watching TV. I started thinking that the MAD might be the problem. I dug out a 10 year old Remstart Auto M. Within 3 sleeps, I was not only feeling better, but almost giddy high, full of energy. I was able to score an Airsense 10 via Amazon and got a Airfit F30. My numbers were really good until a few weeks ago, when this need to pull air from the machine developed. Also going through a tank of water in 4-5 hours. May have to turn off Auto and dial it back. Might be part of the problem.   

APAP April 2021

APAP Sep 22

CPAP Sep 27

Thanks for your support and feedback.

Don
Post Reply Post Reply
That 3am train wreck on September 22 looks like classic positional apnea, and no pressure at any level can fix it, the only thing that fixes it is to get out of that position, which you did after 3:30 or so.

Because your machine was trying to react to the apneas, it pegged the pressure at 17, which made bad leaks worse.

The EPR of 1 did make your flow limits get a lot better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any way to overlay these graphs? My wife uses the Freestyle Libre continuous glucose monitor. It gives you consolidated patterns for 1, 7, 14 and 30 day and beyond ranges. Seeing trends takes away the noise from any single reading. 

Here is my statistics screen shot if of any value

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 323 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 358 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 391 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 336 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Symptoms] Only changed mask, fully aware during REM sleep phase? THEVGE 2 393 09-25-2023, 08:00 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Seems Resmed 10 curve has changed Billmt 1 448 03-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.