Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What humidity level do you use?
What humidity level do you use?
I typically set mine at 2, rarely at 3. Neither feels like anything in particular. I've tried 1 (too bad it won't go to 0!), which just felt like blowing air) and 4 (felt like a hurricane blowing into my nose...really uncomfortable to me). I've never tried level 5.

The only difference between 2 and 3 for me, is that 3 drains the water reservoir more quickly. If I fill the reservoir, an 8-hour "night" will lower the level to 3/4. (I'm one of those evil people who uses remnant water until the reservoir gets to 1/4. Then I empty and clean before I refill. So I refill once or twice a week (about every 3-4 days). )
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What humidity level do you use?
Turns out I can't stand humidity and to set to zero you just set it to "off" and then you may keep water in the tank to add a little humidity or leave it dry like I do. The air in the house is around 40% and that is plenty for me
Post Reply Post Reply
I've the climate line set on auto at 23C, sometimes a bit higher but not higher than 27C
I fill the water chamber just below the top mark and use less than 1/4 of the water each night

As for cleaning, I wake up this morning with more energy than the usual and did the cleaning, tube, mask, water chamber and change the air filter too. How about that for a change ... deserve a medal Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk: Here is your medal:
[Image: Victoria_Cross_Medal_Ribbon_%26_Bar.jpg]

I think humidifiers among the different manufacturers and models are quite different. For example, 5 on my S9 with an H5i is different than the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. So we would be comparing apples to oranges. I run 4.5 and it nearly drains my tank in one nights sleep.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I run my S9 on 4 usually. If I am having asthma or bronchitis I turn it up to 5 (max) until the gunk is loose. I have a climate line hose which I leave on 86f (max) I hate cold air Big Grin
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
As much as I can get.
I have two humidifiers hooked up in series now.

The heated hose keeps the rain out under control.

=^.^=

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally mine is set to 3, but if I'm having sinus issues I set it at 4.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 80 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 1,999 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 454 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 583 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 155 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 429 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,159 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.