Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

increase in pressure
RE: increase in pressure
(07-30-2012, 05:35 PM)lonnieb Wrote: the next night that was 10 days ago and I get it feeling good have every night with it on auto
How you feel is the most important and the leak is well below the accepted leak 24.
Congrats

Post Reply Post Reply
While one of the objectives for the turbinate surgery may have been to lessen the pressure needed to treat your OSA, I can't imagine that was the major reason for doing the surgery, particularly since your pressure before surgery was relatively low. Wasn't the main purpose of the surgery to also ease your daytime nasal obstruction? After alowing time for healing, your daytime breathing should definitely improve, at which point, your OSA treatment pressures may lessen. But even if those pressures don't change, as long as your AHI is great and your are feeling refresed in the morning and breathing better during the day, you could consider your surgery successful.
Post Reply Post Reply
BabyDoc
you are so right the major purpose was the nasal obstruction and all the problems i had with sinus inffections sometimes 3 months at a time and the difficulty i had just to control that was in it self a job and I am already much better so to me it was a very successful surgery and i am breathing so much better maybe the 7 was to low all the time i dont know but puting back on 7 didnt work but auto works fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2012, 08:10 AM)lonnieb Wrote: I have been on my CPAP for about 6 months with the machine being on 7, after Turbinate Reduction I put the machine on auto after talking to my Dr. The pressure is runing about avg of 11 now with a 12/LH and a AHI 0.3. Does someone know why it went up to 11 when 7 was what they said i needed only 6 months ago,is this becouse the leaks

There's no way to know what would have happened if you'd have put the machine in auto mode before you had the surgery. It could very well be that the the pressure of 7 that was established during your sleep study was just too low.

Also, it could be that there is still swelling after your surgery, and that after the swelling goes down, the pressure will drop.

Since your doctor has advised you to set your machine this way, and wants to see your data on your next visit, I would follow his instructions. It often takes a while for our bodies to adjust to a new pressure setting and we have to wait several weeks to see what effect it will have on our AHI.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since your doctor has advised you to set your machine this way, and wants to see your data on your next visit, I would follow his instructions. It often takes a while for our bodies to adjust to a new pressure setting and we have to wait several weeks to see what effect it will have on our AHI.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sleepster: you are right it may have been low to start with, i did try the 7 one night and it was not good ,after seting to auto i fell lots better I check the stats on my machine each morning and i have AHI of 0.2 - 0.3 once 0.5 so its runing good ,the leak is about 11 to 12MH and the preesure is about 11.2 or a little under that so many all is good have appoitment 8/17 with DR.Maybe he can explane the higher pressure.
thank you for taking the time to help me----thank all of you

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 151 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,261 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 431 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 405 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,211 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
Question [CPAP] Can a chin strap increase your AHI? Kinnu 4 681 10-28-2023, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.